• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Goronong Chile

This is our first harvest of the Goronong Chile. These were the tame pods. Some were VERY twisted. Will taste test tomorrow night.

031.jpg

Crazy looking pods but not my personal favorite for taste. I also find that due to all the twists and bends that there are usually a lot of nasty pods once you cut them open
I'd definitely like to hear more opinions on this variety since this was one of the most requested seeds in my collection the last few season

Curious, as I've seen you say that on more than one thread - what are your favorites for taste?
I usually love all yellow chinenses. The Cili goronong was the first yellow that really didn't really impress me. Some of my favorites include fatalii, Scotch bonnet TFM, bonda ma jacque, yellow7, Kapowie yellow(KY), Cardi yellow scorpion, Harold's St.Bart, True Jamaican Scotch bonnet, Cumari, Quintisho, Carmine, Morouga yellow

Cili Goronong yellow 2008
2856281515_a64d1b57fc.jpg

Those are some nice goros man :dance: I think they have a great flavor,but the flavor is really weak compared to other chinenses.They sure do look cool though, all twisted and contorted!

Those look great. I have one of these growing. I actually like the taste of the pods. Everyone has different tastes, I guess. Some love the Butch T. Some say it tastes like battery acid. Oh well. Great looking pods. I love the way the pods are all twisty. The buds grow in all random directions, too. Goronong is a funky name for a funky plant. ;)

Reactions: nee
Crazy looking pods but not my personal favorite for taste. I also find that due to all the twists and bends that there are usually a lot of nasty pods once you cut them open
I'd definitely like to hear more opinions on this variety since this was one of the most requested seeds in my collection the last few season
I too found a higher occurence of nasty pods then just about anyhing else I have grown.. Not a lot, just more then I am used to.The flavor is OK. Good candidate for a cross? Still worth trying if you have not had it.

i have grown them twice and i may again thin 2013, they are very tasty!! and i have many seeds for this one!!

thanks your friend Joe

Cili Goronongs are nice plants and can put out a good yield. They are pretty hot and carry a citrusy, slight pineappleish- playdough like taste. I like em and Ive had a plant hitting the 3yr old mark next spring. The more pods it puts out the more twisted they get, the earlier pods can sometimes get stinger like tails. Some of the pods start to look like the Female version of a Peter Pepper. ;) These peppers make a good yellow dried flake or powder.

goronong 2012
7654335616_d420141c54_z.jpg

Cili Goronongs are nice plants and can put out a good yield. They are pretty hot and carry a citrusy, slight pineappleish- playdough like taste. I like em and Ive had a plant hitting the 3yr old mark next spring. The more pods it puts out the more twisted they get, the earlier pods can sometimes get stinger like tails. Some of the pods start to look like the Female version of a Peter Pepper. ;) These peppers make a good yellow dried flake or powder.

goronong 2012
7654335616_d420141c54_z.jpg
Playdough? Nice.

Back