27 replies to this topic

#1 The Chile Farm

The Chile Farm

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:15 AM

This is our first harvest of the Goronong Chile. These were the tame pods. Some were VERY twisted. Will taste test tomorrow night.

Posted Image
"If it's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game, then why do we keep score" Billy Martin

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Timmmy newbie

Timmmy newbie

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

Crazy looking pods, I hope they taste as good as they look :dance:
I've been busy, have a look!

#3 franzb69

franzb69

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:33 AM

a chinense originating from malaysia.

wanted to grow these. now i don't even know where to put what i already got. lol.

#4 POTAWIE

POTAWIE

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • (x2)

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:23 AM

Crazy looking pods but not my personal favorite for taste. I also find that due to all the twists and bends that there are usually a lot of nasty pods once you cut them open
I'd definitely like to hear more opinions on this variety since this was one of the most requested seeds in my collection the last few season
Check out my pepper pics and more on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/potawie

#5 Wasatch

Wasatch

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:26 AM

Cool looking pepper.

#6 Davez Foodz

Davez Foodz

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • aka:Dave, HotSauceGuy

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

I love the look of those chilis, they look like Doglah pods from a side view :lol: I bet they have a nice heat :hell: and taste.
Sweet Spicy Girl awards: 1st Place - 2013 The Hot Pepper Awards; 2nd Place - 2013 Chile Pepper Extravaganza; 1st Place - 2013 Cajun Hot Sauce Festival; 3rd Place - 2012 The Hot Pepper Awards
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/davezfoodz
Twitter: @DavezFoodz
www.davezfoodz.com

#7 madhatter

madhatter

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

I grew these the last two years. I didnt have the same problems Potawie had. Didnt have any with that went bad compared to other chiles i grew. I didnt mind the taste either. Thought it was pretty good.
Very cool looking pepper.
Posted Image

#8 geeme

geeme

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,778 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

... not my personal favorite for taste.

Curious, as I've seen you say that on more than one thread - what are your favorites for taste?

Vision w/o action is merely a dream. Action w/o vision just passes time. Vision with action can change the world. - JOEL BARKER

#9 POTAWIE

POTAWIE

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • (x2)

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

Curious, as I've seen you say that on more than one thread - what are your favorites for taste?

I usually love all yellow chinenses. The Cili goronong was the first yellow that really didn't really impress me. Some of my favorites include fatalii, Scotch bonnet TFM, bonda ma jacque, yellow7, Kapowie yellow(KY), Cardi yellow scorpion, Harold's St.Bart, True Jamaican Scotch bonnet, Cumari, Quintisho, Carmine, Morouga yellow

Cili Goronong yellow 2008
Posted Image
Check out my pepper pics and more on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/potawie

#10 PepperLover

PepperLover

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme Biz
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

nice looking pods

PepperLover.com

#11 bhut camp

bhut camp

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

Those are some nice goros man :dance: I think they have a great flavor,but the flavor is really weak compared to other chinenses.They sure do look cool though, all twisted and contorted!

#12 Noshownate

Noshownate

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

i think a cross with a goronong, something with good flavor and to keep the cool pod shapes would be interesting.
YOU KNOW YOUR BUTTER WHEN YOUR ON A ROLL!

#13 judohero

judohero

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

just got some seeds for this pepper yesteray think i will grow them just cause they look so cool. would work good split in half in salad.

#14 chile_freak

chile_freak

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • aka:chef, Pauly peppers, uncle paully

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

or stuff them with hotter better tasting chiles and cheese and wrap them in bacon and pop them in the oven for a bit
In Chile We Trust!

#15 leo_gdl

leo_gdl

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

nice looking pods

Hi, do you remember me. (I'm from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mex.).
Do you have in stock this variety "Goronong pepper".

Regards

#16 DocNrock

DocNrock

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • aka:Doc

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Those look great. I have one of these growing. I actually like the taste of the pods. Everyone has different tastes, I guess. Some love the Butch T. Some say it tastes like battery acid. Oh well. Great looking pods. I love the way the pods are all twisty. The buds grow in all random directions, too. Goronong is a funky name for a funky plant. ;)
  • nee likes this
All peppers are ornamentals. ;)

#17 pepperproblem

pepperproblem

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Crazy looking pods but not my personal favorite for taste. I also find that due to all the twists and bends that there are usually a lot of nasty pods once you cut them open
I'd definitely like to hear more opinions on this variety since this was one of the most requested seeds in my collection the last few season

I too found a higher occurence of nasty pods then just about anyhing else I have grown.. Not a lot, just more then I am used to.The flavor is OK. Good candidate for a cross? Still worth trying if you have not had it.

#18 ajijoe

ajijoe

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

i have grown them twice and i may again thin 2013, they are very tasty!! and i have many seeds for this one!!

thanks your friend Joe

NEVER BE ASHAMED OF SCARS,IT JUST MEANS YOU WHERE STONGER THAT WHATEVER IT WAS THAT TRIED TO HURT YOU

#19 Spice 8

Spice 8

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Cili Goronongs are nice plants and can put out a good yield. They are pretty hot and carry a citrusy, slight pineappleish- playdough like taste. I like em and Ive had a plant hitting the 3yr old mark next spring. The more pods it puts out the more twisted they get, the earlier pods can sometimes get stinger like tails. Some of the pods start to look like the Female version of a Peter Pepper. ;) These peppers make a good yellow dried flake or powder.

goronong 2012
Posted Image

#20 pepperproblem

pepperproblem

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Cili Goronongs are nice plants and can put out a good yield. They are pretty hot and carry a citrusy, slight pineappleish- playdough like taste. I like em and Ive had a plant hitting the 3yr old mark next spring. The more pods it puts out the more twisted they get, the earlier pods can sometimes get stinger like tails. Some of the pods start to look like the Female version of a Peter Pepper. ;) These peppers make a good yellow dried flake or powder.

goronong 2012
Posted Image

Playdough? Nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests