• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried Apparently dried nagas are illegal....stupid customs

I ordered 20 dried naga pods from nagaseeds.co.uk only to get an empty box and a "mail interception notice" from some asshole @ DFW airport that says "prohibited material removed & destroyed" and another letter attached to it titled "Information for Commercial and Non-Commercial Importers of Nursery Stock, Plants, Roots, Bulbs, Seeds, and Other Propagative Plant Products." With some bullshit about how those things need a phytosanitary certificate.

I guess cause the pods were not de-seeded the seeds warranted throwing all 22 bucks worth of my peppers away. Needless to say, I'm pissed. I really hate our government. Apparently illegal immigrants are cool to come right on in and drain our economy but god forbid we let some hot peppers across the border.

Txclosetgrower said:
I ordered 20 dried naga pods from nagaseeds.co.uk only to get an empty box and a "mail interception notice" from some asshole @ DFW airport that says "prohibited material removed & destroyed" and another letter attached to it titled "Information for Commercial and Non-Commercial Importers of Nursery Stock, Plants, Roots, Bulbs, Seeds, and Other Propagative Plant Products." With some bullshit about how those things need a phytosanitary certificate.

I guess cause the pods were not de-seeded the seeds warranted throwing all 22 bucks worth of my peppers away. Needless to say, I'm pissed. I really hate our government. Apparently illegal immigrants are cool to come right on in and drain our economy but god forbid we let some hot peppers across the border.

see if you can get the illegals to smuggle some Naga pods hidden in their a**es!

seriously, see if you can get the Naga pods crushed by the supplier. Australia is one of the strictest countries to import seeds to. all my chile stuff gets inspected by customs and I've never had anything confiscated (except for half my Fatalii stash - must be a chilehead in customs!) I bought some crushed Fatalii from Primo here at THP. I just got him to follow the quarantine rules and it got through with a heap of seeds. (I know he had some Naga powder for sale, maybe he still does - the Fatalii powders is excellent!)

your best bet is to phone DFW and see if crushed is acceptable.

Mark

Txclosetgrower said:

Umm thats odd i have oedered from the UK and i have always recieved the dried pepper without fail....

Customs Clowns :mad:

I had no problem getting Jolokia seeds from U.K - they didn't advertise anything on the bubble wrap bag (Sender has someones name ). Seems what they don't know doesn't bother them:cool:

Next time have your supplier put in a note with the peppers that says...."Hey customs moron! While you were confiscating this, my 3 ton load of black tar numba'2 heroin got by you!"

JerseyBoyzJerky said:
Umm thats odd i have ordered from the UK and i have always received the dried pepper without fail....

Same here in Canada, no worries getting it in from the UK, we've been getting Naga goodies from the UK for about 9 months now.
That's some decent pricing your go, like a buck a pod?? Very nice!!!:mad:

If things are getting scooped by the pricks at customs (yes I know they're only doing their job, don't get me started...) perhaps the shipper didn't do the forms correctly or something which can be used as a legitimate reason to destroy the shipment (they can be sticky when it serves their purpose) especially if it's something they can use. A guy I went to high school with works for customs. They all have lots of nice swag. Duty Free stuff without leaving the country (illegal), you know stuff like that.

Odds are someone watched the Food Network and heard about Nagas and thought they'd
start their Christmas shopping early. More than likely your pods are being used somewhere, but someone.

I had the same type of thing happen before with a signed collectible. Funny, how it's doppleganger ended up on Ebay a mere three weeks later.
Reported to Ebay as a stolen item, investigation showed not the first time this (now former) customs official "disposed" of things on Ebay.

Who's watching the watchers is my question??

a buck a pod :O i been paying a buck a seed

but i suppose it's worth it if the actually arrive. They come from a scoville tested pod too.

Hi Guys,

Im working on a solution so you can all all experiencing the delights (and pain) of Fresh Naga Morich pods very soon - watch this space ;-)

I have a 1/2 dozen naga morich seedlings just starting to grow up thanks to Darlochileman/Mark
not to mention a bunch of ornimentals that all had great germination rate. THANKS for the seed trade Mark, and keep up the great work at chileman.org
I can't wait to try this chile and will probably have to overwinter a few plants ( I love fresh ones in the winter)

Marv

Txclosetgrower - I have 5 spare Bih Jolokia seeds I could send you in a Christmas card. Just send me back seeds from them about September when I'll be trying to plant a new batch.

I just wanted to let you guys know that www.nagaseeds.co.uk has great customer service. I didn't ask for replacement peppers cause its not their fault that customs snagged them but they offered anyway and even offered to grind them up first for me. Special thanks to Tony, he's the one who took care of this for me. So anyone looking for dried pods or seeds, check that site out.

I can't wait, only like a week til I can burn my face clean off:hell:

Back