• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
frydad4 shall name next month's Throwdown.

Congrats, FryDaddy! #2, :woohoo:

Can we all start swamping your PM box with suggestions now? :lol:

Its November

November 5th, first day of the throwdown is National Bonfire Day, November 6th is Basketball Day, and the 7th is Hug-A-Bear day

we cant do a thanksgiving throwdown, I just did that "ish" last month for the beefless burger throwdown

edited since we now have a November TD thread :)

.... and just another suggestion, inspired by Paulky. He took a pack of McCormick chili seasoning, added a bunch-o' stuff not in the directions (don't we all?), and had some nice-looking chili. Started me thinking about what other things we do that are off-the-box with packaged food, especially when it ends up being used in a way that is totally different from how the packager intended it.

Something like that? Could be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

I agree with Weebz, no Turkey. geeme's idea is not bad, I'm sure FD4 will come up with something challenging he bereaves we can fry

FD4....

How about a "Ready, Steady, COOK"

You pick 3 or 4 ingredients.......and we all have to create an entree using them.

FD4....

How about a "Ready, Steady, COOK"

You pick 3 or 4 ingredients.......and we all have to create an entree using them.

would that be like the Mystery Ingredient where we didn't know until the last minute? We need to know a little ahead of time, for shopping...

Here's an idea, use what's in your cupboard/fridge/freezer/pantry. No buying of anything special. Kinda like, company shows up Saturday afternoon and you have to whip up something for dinner.

or- 30 minutes time limit- start to finish- Speed Cooking!
( paulky and I would be in trouble for that one, it takes us that long just to plate it up and get the pictures! :lol: )

I like the Box Mix idea also.

sure it is, havent you ever watched Top Chef

but theres no way to regulate the 30 minutes, it would have to be on the honor system

yes, regulating the time would be honor system. We'd have to have a clock or watch in the ingredients picture and then again in the plate-up picture.

Logchief, it only takes 5 minutes for top ramen! ;)

I was thinking that he could state NOW....or any time between then and now. That way, we all have the same starting point from witch to compete, but have to use several of the same ingredients to form our entries.

It's a great challenge!!

5th November

Guy Fawkes Night, failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires, fireworks and burning of effigies still to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back