• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum How long are Frozen Jalapenos good for?

Ive got 4 quart bags of Jalapenos in the freezer. The oldest bag in the freezer was harvested in September. How long will they stay good? I'm hoping to freeze enough to last till next years harvest.

Ive got 4 quart bags of Jalapenos in the freezer. The oldest bag in the freezer was harvested in September. How long will they stay good? I'm hoping to freeze enough to last till next years harvest.

Roasted or Fresh? I roast and freeze about 100 pounds of green chile and jalapenos every year.(Like 90 GC/10 J) I put them in the freezer in the garage and use them all year. Sometimes I don't use them all before the next year comes and I buy the new load. I have used chile up to 2 years old with out a problem for the last 25 years. Even older would probably still be fine but if I find any stragglers at the bottom of the freezer older than 2 years I just toss them. Unfortunately, I have no idea how long they would hold up or last if they are frozen fresh.

i've had no problem in keeping them from one season to the next. i remove the stems at the shoulder and store them in freezer bags. they're just fine for cooking and/or sauces.

Back