• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peppermanbaha's Back in Bussiness Winter gro Log

Hey yall. i'm back . Did you miss me? i havent been on the forums since july . Feels like forever !!! and I decided to start it up again. I'm bac at growing though i'm starting over from scratch. i just set some orange hab seeds and last year i though i would never grow another one of them again cuz i had so much.Now i'm groeing them again. I had an old aquarium and i set up a germinator. Temps dont drop very low so growing chillis in winter here is more than acceptable. Pics of my rig.

yo62.jpg

i germinated two seeds they got leggy under the fluros a bit cuz i kept cutting them off when i left in the morning so i set them out side. i have one going good now. I think i'll leave the light on in the day thank you.

i picked upa pack of scotch bonnets . it had 5 or 6 peppers of wicked shapes . picks tomorrow.one had a tail .i have them dryi,tommorow i mihght even taste a sliver.

Phat chance i'm scared of those things. i'm saving
the seeds tho.

So this is my grow log basicaly . ENJOY

First pepper of my new season. Bahamian Goat Peppe\\

q
Shopping lists.---

Potting soil.
Mulch
Black cow or manure plus compst fertilizer
miracle grow potting mix.

My crappy cam cant take good pick up close. i feared i wouldnt be able to germinate seeds in the grow box cuz temps are in the low seventies but i got a surprise most of them are growing. all except, for some strange reason the habaneros.

notice the little green specks.

yellow scotch bonnet germinated

re -use reduce and recycle. this is a soda can. i cut i put a hole in the bottom. and look what's growing in it.

THis is the whole she-bahng) The grow box.

Good to see you back!
Most of my seeds are in temperature controlled storage in Lubbock, TX, but I'm happy to help with the seeds I have. Here's my current list if you'd like to pick out a few.

1. Feher Ozon
2. Piquin Chiapas
3. Inca Berry
4. Piquin Cuernavaca
5. Salento
6. New Mexico Yellow
7. Piquin “West Texas Sweet”
8. Posteno Amarillo
9. Kalocsai V2 hot Paprika
10. Fresno
11. Red Caribbean
12. Yellow Thai
13. Trinidad Perfume
14. Habanero Uman
15. d’ Arbol
16. Pene d’ Diablo
17. Italian sweet/hot hybrid

Tomato seeds:
1. German Johnson
2. Tiny Tim
3. Red Robin
4. Micro Tom
5. 4th of July

just got a gift card for the local super store . got a 72 cell jiffy peat pillar set. started planting. meanwhile im freezing never been so cold. saturday i went walking and i saw my breath. Its 65-67 here today and thats freezing compared to the summer temps of 93 and 96. Here are the pics -
zwf2nl.jpg

zuli8p.jpg

TEMP WAS 54 tuhday !!! BRRRRR. So i added steaming water to the tray covered it and placed a towel over it. temps at about 91 - 92 which is more than i can say for anywhere else in the house or in the city or in the entire country.. got two dorsette naga seeds just sprouted and potted up and 2 assam bhut seeds just sprouted. dorsettes are sporting their seed hats. Pics tommorow

You can't see your breath at 65F. At that temp I would be outside wearing shorts and no shirt catching some rays. But I understand being acclimatized to your local weather. Went from Iowa to Las Vegas many moons ago and laughed at the folks wearing parkas in the winter when the temps hit 55. Next winter I was one of those parka wearing sissies.

Those cold spells don't last very long do they PMbaha? I'm starting to get jealous of you guys so it must be getting close to starting seeds. Man I miss being here everyday and seeing everyone's new growth.

Thanks for sharing with us.

meanwhile im freezing never been so cold. saturday i went walking and i saw my breath. Its 65-67 here today and thats freezing compared to the summer temps of 93 and 96.

Oh that is terrible you are so cold. Come on up here today our high temp for today was 24 F. and it is only early Dec. It does not get cold here until Jan Feb when the 2 foot snows hit one after the other.

I was outside today working in the garden. It was nice out. I did not even put on a coat. I worked up a sweat in the 20 F weather. I am waiting for it to cool down so I dont sweat so hard working outdoors.

I remember working a long saturday outdoors from 9 am to 9 pm and the high of the day was negative 11 F outdoors. I was working so hard I did not realize it was cold. But I earned $35 dollars that day and it was well worth it. That was almost $3 an hour. It was my best day working up to that point.

I once went out in neg 35 F weather and almost froze to death because I ran off the dirt road in huge snow drifts. But lucky I got pulled out by two tractors at the same time to get me out of the ditch. I went home and decided it was too cold that day. The wind was really blowing and it was cold and I did not have proper clothing to keep me warm. And the snow was really deep. It was bad.

So I worry about you getting cold down there in the Bahamas. You can come up here to Northern New England and enjoy some real weather this winter. We can get the snowblower to clear an area for your tent and you can have a great nights sleep out in the clear clean frozen tundra.

Shopping list for tuesday 1 bag mushroom compost 1 bag of peat moss 1 bag jolly gardener potting mix. So i can make some potting soil for the plants. I m also getting a few buckets full of rotted chicken manure from a friend. and some plant pots. Currently I'm using newspaper pots .

Back