• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December Throwdown Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets toss out some ideas here

I wouldn't mind doing a "raw" throwdown, where the featured ingredient has to be raw/uncooked

I already did.

Edit: ...and nobody paid them a bit of attention. :)

I'm assuming picking the next t-down theme by the winner was an honor only for FD4?

what paulky wrote in the other thread

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:09 AM
More ideas:

-Biscuits
-Eggs
-Breakfast
-Sushi
-Chili
-Wings
-Complete holiday meals
-Soups and stews

That's just a few....

Let's do breakfast....I'll waffles and bacon gravy.....

I like everything accept for the sushi, 500 cal and raw ideas.

I really like the breakfast, soups/stews and holiday meal ideas

We could limit it to 2 or 3 ingredients to make it more interesting. Say, eggs, meat and potatoes

I'm for anything!

Breakfast makes me think of eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, grits, sausage.....

I love eggs benedict, omelettes, runny fried eggs, fritattas, quiches......

breakfast sounds good, but we just did a waffle throwdown, can we atleast get some distance from the waffle thing before we do a breakfast one, thats like doin sandwich throwdown then making the the next one a "lunch" TD lol :)

I say next throwdown should be something like a left over turkey throwdown since its right after thanksgiving :)

or just a best meal cooked with leftovers since our non-US members dont celebrate turkey day it could just be leftovers in general
that would be fun, trying to make a complete new dish with stuff left over from other meals,
rule would have to be you show pics of the leftovers in their previous state before transformed into the new meal :)

Yeah, T-day left overs wouldn't work for me either. We are having Turkey this sunday since it was the only time we could get everyone together.

we usually do a prime rib roast for the holidays.

Leftovers sounds good-

Or an idea that was put out last time was $10 money limit.

And I kinda agree that breakfast is too soon after waffles.

or 20 minute limit (that was salsakid's idea) He says that you can cook a lot faster if your not taking so many pictures. :lol: I'd say 30 minute limit myself...

I like the breakfast idea, don't do turkey gonna do a ham for T day and prime rib for christmas. Sushi would be great one of our favorite foods, got a great oriental fish market here. Cajun always works for me too.

Don't see how you could time unless the each pic is time stamped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back