My new UDS

Hello people. It's been a very long time since my last real activity on here and I hope to change all that soon.

To help ease myself back into your good graces I have been busy over the last few weeks working on my 2nd attempt at a UDS. Well this time I can say I hit the JACKPOT!! I kept this one a bit more simple in construction and it has come out Perfect!!!!!!

Here are some pics. I can only hope that these pics ease the yelling that I am so deserving for not being around very much lately!!

THis is the drum before any work was done....
IMG_1540.jpg

After I cut the top lip off it
IMG_1541.jpg

After all needed holes where drilled
IMG_1542.jpg

In the process of being burnt out!! (wood left over from the pile that Nova gave me for the last UDS attempt)
IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

Webber grill and thermometer
IMG_1553.jpg

I used a thin heat proof rubber seal to protect from the sharp edge left by removing the lip. This seal also makes the webber lid seal perfectly......Two birds with one stone......I was pretty happy with that outcome
IMG_1554.jpg

Ta dar!!! the finished product. I have got 3 coats of pot belly black on the drum!!
IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

I got this Basket made for free at work :) I got handle with holes in them so I can lift the hot basket in and out of the drum
IMG_1556.jpg

Four 8mm x 100mm bolts for the legs
IMG_1557.jpg

Getting its main burn out to remove all the toxic coating on the Stainless Steel!! It only takes the one really good hot burn to remove all the crap of it!!
IMG_1558.jpg

Congrats Pippy! Nice comeback. You knew you couldn't show your face around here after such an absence and letting the old UDS become a pile of rust.

I hope this means you'll be posting more. Action pics please!

Now how many days did this one take? Or do we just add it on to the original days since that one rusted? :P

hahaha

Thanks mate, and yes this means I will be posting a lot more again!!

Well actually (hold onto your chair) this one only took me about 3 days from start to finish :D I have the basket burning out as I type and I will be doing a smoke with it next weekend.

I plan on brining and smoking my own ham for Christmas :)

The old UDS went to the dump many MANY moons ago!! lol

Thank guys

I wouldn't say 'expertise' :) I would say it was more the learning outcomes from a very large failure on my first attempt at a UDS that helped this one be so much better......:D

Will have to find the link so people can see how bad it was :D

Dammit Pippy put that lid back on the UDS! Already abusing that thing... now cook something and stop playing.

midget-wrestling-in-denver.18.jpg

Pippy, where are the action pics?

Back