• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Habanero Germanating Problems

Hello!

I planted some habanero seeds about a week ago in some tray and so far I see no activitie..I really dont got much Ideas to heat them up..I got 4 Habanero plants that are about 1 month old that I used for a science Project. This plants where grown in a jiffy pot and used watered and got light. But wit This habaneros IDK wat to do..any ideas..?

Can be 2 - 4 weeks for sprouts from seeds Turkey. They turn up when they want to...keep the tray moist & in the daylight and wait, wait, wait....seems like forever ;)

Ditto what Pam said. I've had Habanero seeds take 6 weeks to hatch. Just water them and then let them slightly dry out every 4th day and they should be good. Just like the grown plant (but more pronounced), seeds/seedlings are extremely sensitive to water and heat/cold.

do you have them heated from below? if not, try sitting them on the fridge or the hot water heater (if indoors) and it may speed things up a little.

Well right now I dont nuthing under it I really dont know wat to put under it...any more ideas? The water heater is in da basement and its occupied by people. The fridge is stuck to our wall...:|

Turkey said:
Well right now I dont nuthing under it I really dont know wat to put under it...any more ideas? The water heater is in da basement and its occupied by people. The fridge is stuck to our wall...:|

There is surely something in your house that's warm, even if it's just a sunny place near a window. Mind you...warm, not hot. Between 70 and 80 degrees is good for peppers. You can use a hot pad set on the lowest setting, a heat duct, or even an electric blanket.

hmm.. a hot pad & blanket i dont wanna sound dumb but where can I find them and how much do they cost....hehehe:lol:

Turkey said:
hmm.. a hot pad & blanket i dont wanna sound dumb but where can I find them and how much do they cost....hehehe:lol:

Any Walmart will have them.

You could also buy a seed starting mat, but they're more expensive. Or there are heating coils or wires that are pretty cheap, but I've never used them. Maybe someone else here can advice you on them.

WOOO!!!

THERE GROWING!! AND OF COURSE TURKEY HAS PICS!!! LOL

Here they are arent they Purrtyyy..? LOL
IMG_0151.jpg

I hope u guys like my lil Art..:think:

Well Im happy to report that i got 13 successful Sprouts right now! But I think theres more coming!! ;) Ill Take Pics In a Few!

Well Im counting over 30 sprouts!! This is a very good germination rate!..Also I did a little experiment wit sum other chiles and I think I roasted them..LOL..cuz I put them above my light fixture..but yeah..but hey the ones in the blue container are doign GOOD!!!

Well I wanna post sum new pics...But sumthing is wrong wit ma camera..LOL..But they got 2 Leaves and are like ___________ Tall..:D

Im thinking dat maybe my Habs are growing a little slow or are Habaneros like dat? Ill post pic when I can

Turkey said:
Well Im counting over 30 sprouts!!

Oh no! I hope you have a big garden cause... you're gonna have to slaughter most of them!:bday:
It gets harder as they get bigger.
Oh and to make the Slaughter easier don't name your plants.
Good luck

Back