• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Calgary - "Some Like it Hot" (AKA Uncle Big's Firey Foods)

I was looking to get some Marie Sharp's hot sauces and either the places I found were insanely costly.. or down in the USA... however I came across Uncle Big's Firey Foods web site which is in Canada... and they have free shipping over $65 but local shipping is not too bad either for less than it would cost me to ship across the border.

They have a huge variety but at the time I was just interested in Marie Sharp's.

Then I found out that "Some Like it Hot" Uncle Big's, and the Hatari Bros are all based out of the same warehouse here in Calgary (they also do Farmer's Market stands too)

Here is a link to Uncle Big's site http://www.unclebig.com/ecomm/index.php
Calgary PH# 403.735.6022

I now have a source for great hot sauce... granted the prices are still a bit high but not any different than buying the Habanero Tobasco Sauce in the grocery stores... the price is about the same....

AND!!!

Best of all.... I can get the 4L jugs and the 10 oz bottle sizes in some flavors of Marie Sharp's!!!

Which reminds me... I brought some of the Belizan Heat to work and my co-workers (who like a little heat) have nearly finished my bottle!

The Uncle Big guys have been around a while now.. but not many people who I've talked to know about them and are still buying from the USA when they could get it in town and avoid the Duty and extra shipping fees.

Now I can get more normal sizes more often and keep with fresh sauces... I have some older Marie Sharp's Firey Hot in the 4l jug and it is not nearly as good as when it was fresh.

Uncle Big used to be a member here but I haven't seen him around in ages. He seemed to be angry all the time
Another Canadian site worth checking out is
http://www.chillychiles.com/

Hi Zokambaa,

I just came across a hot sauce that I especially liked (Acid Rain) and after doing a search on it, discovered that it was made by Hatori Bros. out of Calgary.

So I ended up calling the 'Some Like It Hot' store and talked to an employee there and was also told about the website, unclebig.com, and the free shipping with an order of $65.00 or more.

They have a great selection of hot foods available, which is good news for me, since the Edmonton area has a very limited selection of hot sauces available on store shelves.

And the way I've been going through hot sauce bottles as of late, the $65.00 minimum order doesn't seem all that daunting now.;)

Cheers,

dvg

Uncle Big used to be a member here but I haven't seen him around in ages. He seemed to be angry all the time
Another Canadian site worth checking out is
http://www.chillychiles.com/

I'll keep that one site in mind... too bad though, that they don't sell the good marie sharps in larger sizes.

I dunno about uncle big, but the guys at the Some Like it Hot store seemed pretty friendly(they are one in the same as hatari bros and uncle big)

Yeah I'll have to try the Acid Rain or Alberta Crude as I've heard some people say they are good...

Lucky for me I live in Calgary so I can head over on a day off and stock up (they close pretty early)

I got a couple of their Hatari Bro sauces ("Hatari Peri-Peri Sauce" -(Habanero peppers) version and also" West Indian Hot Sauce")
They were pretty good.. a touch sweeter than Marie Sharp, but while they say they are high on the 1-10 scale, I didn't find them all that hot... somewhere between Marie Sharp's hot and tobasco for one and for the other maybe as hot as Marie Sharp's regular Hot

They would be good as a glaze or marinade but won't add much for heat.... they were good on wraps from the local take out places though.... but after becoming used to Marie Sharp's Belizan Heat or BEWARE, I find them a bit mild now

Hi Zokambaa,

I just came across a hot sauce that I especially liked (Acid Rain) and after doing a search on it, discovered that it was made by Hatori Bros. out of Calgary.

So I ended up calling the 'Some Like It Hot' store and talked to an employee there and was also told about the website, unclebig.com, and the free shipping with an order of $65.00 or more.

They have a great selection of hot foods available, which is good news for me, since the Edmonton area has a very limited selection of hot sauces available on store shelves.

And the way I've been going through hot sauce bottles as of late, the $65.00 minimum order doesn't seem all that daunting now.;)

Cheers,

dvg

Marie Sharps Now in stock in Calgary and Vancouer.

I have recently become the western Canadian distributor of Marie Sharps Hot Sauce.

Currently in stock I have Mild, Hot, and Fiery Hot. Others on the way.

Please contact me at
403-852-3346
bruce@itkenbwrighthot.com

Back