First Sale!

I always wondered whether people *actually* would buy my hot sauce... or if they were just being polite/nice when they said they liked it...

So after a few weeks of preparation - getting labels, licenses and insurance and finding a commercial kitchen etc, I finally had my first batch of 4 cases ready for sale this week, figuring a few people would buy a bottle or 2 each. Here is how my first sales call went (to an acquaintance who previously said they'd buy) :

me: Hey man, do you want to buy some hot sauce?

Him: sure. how much do you have for sale?

me: 4 cases, and its $80 a case

Him: I'll take the lot

me: errr... wait I've promised some to other people... how about 3 cases?

Him: Sure. How soon can I pick it up?

So deal was done yesterday, an I have $240 in my hot little hand and an urgent need to make some more sauce this weekend!

Way to go on your first sale!

Looks like you're doing it right with the licenses, insurance, etc...You're off to a great start. Now back to the kitchen to make more sauce! :woohoo:

Wow congrats on the quick sale! I often find a good sauce and stock up as well after running out of some of my favs a week later I've learned that lesson the hard way more than once.

that is awesome. way to go. Selling food/food products is no joke and the professional approach you are taking to it will definitely make big sales like that first one way more easy than if you went a sketchier route! I love the idea of getting back some $ we all put into the hobby. God knows if my plant growing hobby was a business I'd be bleeding red ink but it must feel nice to get some of that hard work paid for!
Wicked stuff.

Back