• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First crack at growing

Right I've got myself one of those little tiny hothouse thigys with the hopes of sprouting some Dorset Nagas, Cayenne, Choc Habs and something called Starfish. Also got a Jalapeno and a Fresno (cheated and bought potted seedlings).
Had them in the seed mix for about three days now and can't help but check the little buggers about 12 times a day. Something makes me think I'm not cut out for this patient waiting to fruit.
Keep you all posted on all my amature fumblings.

By the way I've got some photos of my efforts but can't figure out how to post them here. Any clues????? :think:

In order to post pics, you need to host them with a site like photobucket.com It's free. When you're ready to post, just click on the bottom line under the picture, come back here and right click, paste.

Easy!

Hey Good luck with ur peppers! Im right there wit u Im a newbie myself..LOL..and I cant stop looking at dem either..ITS AN ADDICTION!!..But yeah good Luck!!!

Try using Photobucket and make an account..then It says A -Browse_ button push it and it should take u to ur pictures. Then just look for the pic and up-loaded it then get the bottom link the one that starts with and copy and paste and dats it!

:think: :lol: :snooty:

Welcome Boags (good beer that) - i'm in my 3rd growing year...and now manage to only check 10 times a day :think:
How cold is it going to get down there next few months?

DevilDuck said:
In order to post pics, you need to host them with a site like photobucket.com It's free. When you're ready to post, just click on the bottom line under the picture, come back here and right click, paste.

Easy!
Thanks for the tips folks . I'll give it a go.

bentalphanerd said:
How cold is it going to get down there next few months?

Not in Tassie any more fella. Living in England at the moment so just heading into summer......... or what passes for summer over here.

Hmm Boags said:
Not in Tassie any more fella. Living in England at the moment so just heading into summer......... or what passes for summer over here.

Couldn't be a lot different from Tassie could it. How long you been over there.

Been here nigh on five years now. Looking to make our escape back down under soon though. Maybe Bris Vagas..... who knows. Could do with some decent sunshie after these last few years.

Just as you say that...been raining last 2 hours here...i keep going outside to look at it like some kind of Neanderthal at an eclipse. What can i say....sunshine is over-rated.

Hmm Boags said:
Grass is always greener, etc etc. Give me sunshie anyday. It helps with the grass.
Take it from someone who knows, good weather is over rated. I lived in Cleveland, Ohio for 20 years. We have a phrase there, "If you don't like the weather...wait five minutes.". We had every type of weather imaginable at anytime of the day.

I moved out to Sunny (read: hot dry and bright as hell) Hollywood, California and have been here for the past 5 years (come September). 340 days of sunshine every year...IT SUCKS!! We have four seasons, Sunny, Fire, Earthquake, and Rainy (which lasts about 3 weeks). I actually hate the weather out here. Give me snow, give me rain, give me SOME weather!

But boy do the peppers love it.

Dude, you've taken time out of your life to discuss the weather with people you don't know in places miles from home. Bless the internet.

BTW Australia just won the cricket world cup. C'arn the aussies!!!!!!!

Hmm Boags said:
Dude, you've taken time out of your life to discuss the weather with people you don't know in places miles from home. Bless the internet.
Isn't that wounderful!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a nice little realization the other day. Now grantid, I know people form around the world, talk to them daily, and know the internets connects us all. But I was testing the lastest video game for EA Games (my job currently) and playing against people from both the UK and Germany in REAL TIME ONLINE...just....wow....freakin amazing.

Hmm Boags, have you seen chillisgalore.co.uk ? it's another chile forum but local to you. it may have some good growing advice for you. be like me and join both sites, there are a lot of mutual members. a number of Aussies on CG too.

welcome to THP!

Mark

But I was testing the lastest video game for EA Games (my job currently) and playing against people from both the UK and Germany in REAL TIME ONLINE...just....wow....freakin amazing.[/QUOTE]

Sweet job dude!!

Small small world these days

DAMN!!! they are up and growing already. They must have known that I'm not the waiting kind. Two Nagas, three cayenne and three choc habs. i'll see if I can get some pictures up tonight. I think I know what it feels like to become a father now.....

Hey I've figured out how to post pictures on here. This is the Kids room.

DSC00353.jpg

Seem to getting along just fine. Choc Habs a little slow on the uptake but they must take after their father.

Just as the little bugbers start to show their faces the sun has f&*ked off for the week. I read that sprouts need plenty of light to grow. I assume this is direct sunlight, is a more ambient light still OK. I've also bought a sun light bulb to help them along. Looks just a normal light painted blue if you ask me but the guy in the DIY shop assures my that it will be fine. All it says on the box is 100W daylight bulb????? Any clues?

Back