• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cherry Bomb Peppers

We were given these 20 young plants by a neigbor.

We have around a 100 pepper plants going this season well now 120 with this latest additions.

Would like a little more info on them all he said was they are hot which around here don't mean much as they couldn't eat any of our chiles we grew last year they said they were to hot for them. We grow mostly C.chinense varients.

Thanks
Mick
Kato's

From our beloid Chileman.org database:

"A hybridsed semi compact plant from PETO which produces high yields of 2.5in by 1.5in cherry like globular fruit. The peppers have a thick wall which makes them ideal for pickling and ripen from green to bright red approximately 65-70 days after transplanting. Heat rating of 2,500-5,000 Scoville "

5,000SHU...pffft!

Then maybe i can recreate the Pickled Cherry Peppers stuffed with priusciotto and provelone I bought at the Itailian deli $6.00 a jar that had 6 stuffed cherry peppers in olive oil.

They might not be that hot but I like pickled peppers a lot.

Mick
Kato's

5,000 SHU, I laugh, I could literally use that like black pepper on my food, and not even notice it, right now I comfortably eat pepper products that rate 300,000 SHU with comfort and a nice smile accompanied by a slight endorphine rush.......cant wait for my bhut jolokia's to get grown. :cool:

Pepper Belly said:
5,000 SHU, I laugh, I could literally use that like black pepper on my food, and not even notice it, right now I comfortably eat pepper products that rate 300,000 SHU with comfort and a nice smile accompanied by a slight endorphine rush.......cant wait for my bhut jolokia's to get grown. :cool:

You know, imnsho, the great thing about cherry peppers is they're so perfect for stuffing and grilling. They hold the stuffing without it spilling or running, and they're thick fleshed enough that the stuffing gets well heated without the pepper coming apart.
My favorite is the Cherry Chocolate.

I know they're not hot enough for most of you, but all you have to do is chop a little habanero into the stuffing to ramp up the heat.

Back