• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Curling leaves

I have a plant which is yet unidentified, flowers coming pictures to follow soon. However overnight the edge of the leaves on the uppermost part have taken an ever so slight curl, is this a sign of some future problem.

Cheers,
Kas

I'm not so sure what I'm looking at here. Do you mean a slight upward curl at the very edge of some of the upper leaves? Could you maybe put something behind the plant that would give better contrast?

Pam said:
I'm not so sure what I'm looking at here. Do you mean a slight upward curl at the very edge of some of the upper leaves? Could you maybe put something behind the plant that would give better contrast?

Sorry I know its a bit of a rubbish picture but it is exactly what you said the upper leaves have started to curl along the outer edges...?

Nothing to worry about, I'll wager.

Wait till they're upside down. Or yellow. Or brown. Or White. Or dry and breaking apart. Or falling off.

Shooty* said:
Nothing to worry about, I'll wager.

Wait till they're upside down. Or yellow. Or brown. Or White. Or dry and breaking apart. Or falling off.

God have I got all that to look forward to:scared: I must of been really lucky beginner so far.

I wouldn't panic yet - I have seen plant recover from worse states than this one (hard to see any problem actually but than again I'm a bit of a newbie myself but still I wouldn't panic if this were one of my plants).

the666bbq said:
I wouldn't panic yet - I have seen plant recover from worse states than this one (hard to see any problem actually but than again I'm a bit of a newbie myself but still I wouldn't panic if this were one of my plants).
It should be ok, I am just counting the buds and there is about 30 coming imminently, (seem to have a good environment for these chilli plants)however the leaves that are going a little curly when held up to daylight have some lighter patches on them:?:

bentalphanerd said:
it sounds natural enough - how old is the plant?
Its just a baby, I planted it Feb I think. Its all a bit experimental for me. I took the seeds from a pod on a plant I got given as a pressie last Oct, had to chuck the plant cos it was infested with some baddies :mouthonfire: . 3 came up from 4 so not bad, you couldnt get 3 different looking plants ill post pictures when I get organised. What should I be looking for to identify the beggars?

Back