• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Sauces in progress

Over the last few months I've been working on some new sauces I hope to market
  1. yellow - the first one is a blend of pineapple, mango and fatalii....a real nice fruity flavor with some interesting spices added
  2. purple - now this one is the best so far, made from mixed berries, bhut jolokia and spices. It can even be eaten with vanilla ice-cream
  3. green - a seafood dip which has a really tangy garlic taste with jalapenos
  4. orange - next is a Tomato base with Trinidad Scorpion and herbs
Here is a pic of the sauces I am working on

first4

P1030054.jpg

The colors and consistency look damn good JR.

My sauces have always been a bit too chunky for my liking :)

I like the color of the tomato and scorp sauce.

So how do they rate heat wise?

Here is a pic of the label I am working on also (yes I know I spelt fatalii wrong)
each sauce label will be almost the same with the name written in a different color and the side bar in a different color
its still a work in progress for now so ant input would be appreciated

Sample_V2.jpg

the sauces will be ready soon, I just have to get the labels correct and do a few more tweeks on the other 3 sauces I have going.
The heat is about mid range except for one
I gobbled your sauces up in a few weeks Marc they were delicious, I'll send a few sauces your way soon

Looks great JR.
i love the colour of the berry one. Does it stay that vibrant over time? The Fatalii one sounds nice, I use pineapple in one that I will be selling this year, just goes great with fatalii's!

just a couple of things I have spotted:
1. Fatalii Fire is a CaJohn's sauce in America so you might need to change that name.
2. there are a few more bits of info you need to add to your label if you are selling them. eg. address of your company, best before, if you use the name of an ingredient in the title you must put the percentage of that in the ingredients list (fatalii 20%). etc..

There are a few other things but not sure how far you are taking it? Speak to you local health department and get insurance if you are going to be selling them. A lot of places you go (markets, fairs, festivals) require that you have a policy that covers up to $10 million.

Anyway looks excellent and I'm sure with your gardening skills you will have enough pods to keep you going!

Thanks Candice
yes that berry one keeps its color I have had a few just sitting around now for about 4 months
thanks for the tips I appreciate them, and will go into finding more info asap

Looks great JR.
i love the colour of the berry one. Does it stay that vibrant over time? The Fatalii one sounds nice, I use pineapple in one that I will be selling this year, just goes great with fatalii's!

just a couple of things I have spotted:
1. Fatalii Fire is a CaJohn's sauce in America so you might need to change that name.
2. there are a few more bits of info you need to add to your label if you are selling them. eg. address of your company, best before, if you use the name of an ingredient in the title you must put the percentage of that in the ingredients list (fatalii 20%). etc..

There are a few other things but not sure how far you are taking it? Speak to you local health department and get insurance if you are going to be selling them. A lot of places you go (markets, fairs, festivals) require that you have a policy that covers up to $10 million.

Anyway looks excellent and I'm sure with your gardening skills you will have enough pods to keep you going!

Who says all pepper sauces should be red? :lol:
Here's one I'm working on, I call it "White Lightning"
I almost had it whiter this morning but I added one last ingredient which darkened it
so I'll substitute it for something diff next time....

P1060010.jpg

thanks Marc, I'm still working on the white one but the other four are just right.
I want to make a super hot today(7pot/pod, T. Scorp & Bhut Jolokia) or should I only use one variety?,
also it has to be a bright red color and use fruit as a base, what fruit/fruits do you guys think would be good?

Back