• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I HATE skunks!

I seems like we all are having trouble with our peppers this year. Thrips, upside down leaves, curled leaves, 14 year old myspace users....and now, skunks. The bastards just dug up the front planter where we have our Big Jims for the Big Jim challange. Doing damage control, it looks like 4 out of 9 survived with a possability of one of these dieing still. The skunks were looking for Japanese Beetle larvee (a problem we have here in Southern California). I'm going to go pick up some Moth Balls at lunch time and strategically place them around the garden and house.

Luckally, we have a back up area of Big Jims and two seed packets that were just planted in trays yesturday. It'll set us back in the challange, but at least were are not out of the running yet.

IGG ...the only problem I have been having is the damned wind here in Las Vegas. I have figured out how to shield them pretty well though. Otherwise peps are doing okay. Skunks huh. Make sure you have some tomato juice and vinegar on hand in case they spray your dog or other.

"you got yer' dead skunk in the middle of the road and it's stinkin' to high heaven"

texas blues said:
IGG ...the only problem I have been having is the damned wind here in Las Vegas. I have figured out how to shield them pretty well though. Otherwise peps are doing okay. Skunks huh. Make sure you have some tomato juice and vinegar on hand in case they spray your dog or other.

"you got yer' dead skunk in the middle of the road and it's stinkin' to high heaven"
Too late...see THIS THREAD.

Back