• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Pics of first pepper grow

Hi everyone,

I have been surfing this forum for a while and I figured i would register and show some pics from my first grow. The first pic is a wide shot of the grow area with three 2xT8 fixtures. The rest of the pics are of some 5-6 week old pepper plants. I believe soem of the visible plants, are Sport, Valero, GG Pepperoncini. I will post more pictures once I am finished potting up the remaining 24 plants. Enjoy, the pics, any comments are appreciated.

Cheers!
Greg

P1011880.jpg

P1011878.jpg

P1011874.jpg

P1011873.jpg

the666bbq said:
What are the black bags you are using as potting material ?

The black bags are just 3 gallon grow bags. They are half the price of plastic pots. For some of the smaller growing varieties, I rolled the lip of the bag down so it holds about 2 gallons instead of 3. They are pretty convenient.

Greg

greg, aren't they hard to move around ? I guess that the soil is very unstable when you move it...
The first part of my growing season is in newspaperpots, fairly stable but than again I don't move them a lot since they fit perfectly with 40 or so in containers - I can move the container (like the ones in grocery stores to store fruit and vegetables) to a bigger container to bottom water them...

Peter

the666bbq said:
greg, aren't they hard to move around ? I guess that the soil is very unstable when you move it...
The first part of my growing season is in newspaperpots, fairly stable but than again I don't move them a lot since they fit perfectly with 40 or so in containers - I can move the container (like the ones in grocery stores to store fruit and vegetables) to a bigger container to bottom water them...

Peter

Peter, They aren't hard to move around at all. After a few waterings the soil gets a little compacted and it adds a lot of structural rigidity to the bag. I was surprised at how stable they are as I originally thought that they would be unstable.

Greg

Back