• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CHILLI FOCUS

hey
has any1 used this fertilizer before or using it now?

ibrought sum and just want to no was it worth buying to use
its just strange that the dilution rate it looks rather weak
any info would be great thanks

hey
has any1 used this fertilizer before or using it now?

ibrought sum and just want to no was it worth buying to use
its just strange that the dilution rate it looks rather weak
any info would be great thanks
Yes i have it works a treat but each to there own i have no problems with it

I used it. It didn't seem to do much for me. While this is not a side by side comparison here was my scenario. I kept 2 plants in doors under a hps for most of the summer (they went out late because I was not getting fruit to set in doors), I had 3 in the ground, and 4 in buckets out side. Only the plants indoors got chili focus. The plants in ground grew the best out of the bunch, and all the plants in buckets (inside and out) seemed to do the same, -1 that was in superior soil than the others.

I won't use it again. I am going to switch to the fox farms tri pack this year and see how that works for me.

In my opinion its much better to know what a plant needs and feed it accordingly then to rely on one simple and expensive all-in-one product marketed towards newbie chile growers. Its also much better in my opinion to use organic nutrients such as manure/compost/fish etc. which will improve your soil over time.

While seaweed and fish emulsion are great and I use them too, they are not a complete fertiliser. If that is all you use then you will notice your plants lacking over time. Chilli Focus is a complete nutrient liquid fertliser that is especially good for hydroponic systems. It is formulated and guaranteed to meet the specific nutritional requirements of chillies and contains all 12 essential minerals. It does not contain ineffective chlorides, urea, sodium or ammonium.

If you buy it in the small containers it can work out quite expensive if you use it a lot or have lots of plants. But you can also get it in the 5L container which is much more economical. I can organise 1L and 5L bottles for my customers.

While seaweed and fish emulsion are great and I use them too, they are not a complete fertiliser. If that is all you use then you will notice your plants lacking over time.

This definately sounds like advertising blurb.
I never said just give them seaweed and kelp.
Good compost, chicken shit, seaweed and fish emulsion have more than enough nutrients. Plants that are force fed with chemical fertilisers make look stronger and lush and green but they are in fact weaker and more susceptible to pests and diseases.
Insects see in the infrared spectrum and that enables them to identify sick or weak plants. Chemical fed plants give out a wavelenght that says to them eat me. I am lush, watery and weak. More insects= more diseases, i.e aphids spread all sorts of diseases.
Make or buy some good quality compost and do your health and your plants a favour.

This definately sounds like advertising blurb.
I never said just give them seaweed and kelp.
Good compost, chicken shit, seaweed and fish emulsion have more than enough nutrients. Plants that are force fed with chemical fertilisers make look stronger and lush and green but they are in fact weaker and more susceptible to pests and diseases.
Insects see in the infrared spectrum and that enables them to identify sick or weak plants. Chemical fed plants give out a wavelenght that says to them eat me. I am lush, watery and weak. More insects= more diseases, i.e aphids spread all sorts of diseases.
Make or buy some good quality compost and do your health and your plants a favour.

Yes I was quoting some info that was on their flyer but I was not dissing what you said. I was saying it is especially good for hydro which I have used it for in the past because it contains everything you need. I wouldn't say they are chemicals as such they are nutrients that have been added.
I do use rooster booster, sheep manure and a variety of other things in my soil and also feed seasol every two weeks. I'm just saying if you want an easy all in one product that contains all your nutrients then it is good to use.

Technically everything is a chemical, all nutrients, essential salts, etc. The only difference is manmade or nature made. Sometimes you cannot help but use manmade but go for the gentlest ones possible. Prefeably the ones that dont use sulphuric acid and the likes as catalysts. The catalysts are very detrimental to the living soil but if you are using hydro that doesnt matter. The main difference is that plants cannot distinguish between man made or nature made and with natural occurring nutrients they can pick and choose what nutrient /element that they need but with manmade they are basically force fed and cannot stop and start their uptake or partake of individual nutrients as they need them.

I heard of this nutrient; cant remember where, and was going to look into it but I can't even afford to buy more pots for my current plants. It will have to wait no matter how good it might be.

Back