• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Compare Food Stores

Any of you shop at these super grocery stores. I think they are mainly on the East Coast but am not positive on that. There is only one in South Carolina and luckily it's only 20 minutes away in Rock Hill. They are mainly Latino oriented but also carry every major brand that you see in everyday grocery stores in the US. Much cheaper prices on the majority of their items. Their produce section is out of this world and seems a lot fresher than our Bi-lo's, Food Lions, Harris teeter plus they have 3 times as much stuff to choose from. I didn't realize how little I knew about food till I browsed through their produce. They also have 3 aisles with dedicated sections for different parts of the world..., india, asian, caribe, etc. Huge meat market there to with lots of fresh whole fish, and other fresh seafood, as well as all the other meats. Yesterday makes my 3rd trip there but I will be shopping there from now on. It's worth the extra drive.

Now to the main point. I didn't even know about it till joining here but I scored on some Culantro there. I am going to make a big batch of salsa and will use it instead of the Cilantro I usually use. Also I picked up some dried chiles. They are dried anchos and pasillas, which after looking them up are dried Poblanos and Chilacas. Anybody ever got the seed from these and grew them out. I am going to try it and see what happens.

If you have a Compare Foods in your area and haven't checked it out, you need to give it a shot.

compare%20rock%20hill_medium.jpeg

We have a couple of Hispanic supermarket chains in CA, (suprise), Vallarta and Cardinas. They are great, tortillaria, hot deli (wonderful), great meat counter and produce.

congrats on the good find for a grocery store. using seeds from store bought dried pods is kinda iffy for growing but some do. as for the pasillas/Chilacas they're prolific growers.

Thanks for this information! Rock Hill is not far at all from me
and your mention of "3 aisles with dedicated sections for different
parts of the world" has definitely caught my interest.

Back