Hello everyone! I'm from Argentina

Well, I've just signed up and wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been reading this forum for a few days as a fellow guest, and decided to join, I really liked it.

I've always loved hot food and specially chilli, and I want to grow some now.

I expect to learn a lot, though I don't have that much to offer... :shocked:

Thanks you all for the welcome, people... I think imaguitargod is the one who ate the Naga on camera?
Yesterday I was killing time with the latest local version of the National Geographic magazine and found an article about Nagas...

welcome to a lifelong obsession, from a fellow South Hemispherean in the Great Land Down Under!

I think you will have much to offer hector, especially since you come from the continent that started all this chile madness.

Mark

Hope so!
There are some varieties here in Argentina that I have never read or heard of in other countries... such as the large Aconcagua (sweet, zero heat, awesome for roasting or smoking) or the Chaqueños (aka "chacoenses") species, which grow only in very hot provinces such as Chaco (doh!) and pack quite a punch despite their small size. And of course, the infamous "Puta parió" (something like "son of a bitch")... I think I don't need to explain the reason of the name!

hi hector - it's nice to meet many people from around the globe indeed sharing the same interest... I'm quite jealous though that you all seem to have local varieties of the pepper : Argentinian, Brazilian, Chinese, American ... all we belgians have is chocolat without the habanero ;-)

the666bbq said:
hi hector - it's nice to meet many people from around the globe indeed sharing the same interest... I'm quite jealous though that you all seem to have local varieties of the pepper : Argentinian, Brazilian, Chinese, American ... all we belgians have is chocolat without the habanero ;-)

Yes but you do have the finest beer in the world! Oh how I love Abbey Tripels...

Oh and welcome Hector. I saw that you are a bodyguard. Anyone famous?

greetings from the UK Hector! Hope you're well,,, I'm with you on the beer front JayT... I like Duval,,, strong little bugger,, on the subject of regional food you should all try and get an 'oatcake' if you ever come to the UK,, they're only avaialble in Stoke and Scotland but are great for hangovers and lazy sunday mornings!

More than a few JayT! But all of them local, mostly politicians. Yeah, bad stuff, I know...

And damn you all people, now I'm dying for a Duval! =P

Back