• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peppers at long last!

Hi hot pepper freaks.

After a stressful first ever attempt at growing plants, I finally have some positive signs of what we all crave, the hot peppers! First it was elusive grubs eating away at the leaves, and then the aphids breeding quicker than rabbits. Living in southern Australia the weather this summer has been hot and cool from day to day which has had lots of us frustrated with flower drop. A week ago I was thinking I'd never see a pod from any of my 30 plants with flowers blooming then dropping off. I have grown my plants from seed an I'm quite attached to the little buggers now. So in the past few days I've noticed something that has put a big smile on my face!

A baby mustard Hab
85676411.jpg

Another on the same plant
13413164.jpg

A baby Red Savina
33169055.jpg

Cheers to people on this forum for endless advice about growing. Time for a beer, this round is on me :beer:

I know the feeling all to well from my first grow last summer. Sure nice to see something after looking at all the fantastic grows here on THP

I had only one pod on my 3 ft tall plant for the longest time then I checked last week & there are @ 5-7 more budding :onfire:

Congratulations! Last season was the first time I grew a Bhut Jalokia and Caribbean Red Habs. and remember how excited I was when they started flowering. Soon after the flower drop began and I became equally dejected. No buds after seeing so many flowers! I couldn't help thinking I had done something wrong and researched THP endlessly for the answers. Then one day I was looking at my babies and all of a sudden, buds everywhere! Just as I was about ready to give up, buds started growing and I was SO excited. Your thread brought me back to that moment.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks everyone. Yeah I was quite down for a while there after all the effort I'd put in to the plants, it sure turns right around though!

I'll post more pictures as they progress, I'm sure you ladies and gents never get tired of looking at pepper pics...I sure don't!

Congratulations on the new babies.
I know exactly how you feel, becoming so attached to your plants and the frustration of watching all the flowers drop.
I have the same problem with an orange hab and iv'e concluded its numerous causes. High daytime temp, too small pot etc etc.

Good luck with the grow.

Cheers Kevvy

hopefully those little pods don't fall off I had made a thread showing my pods that kept falling.
I've got real ones growing now though thankfully.

Great news and a great choice in tasty peppers :)

You should try out Neils Nagabon next season :) Nice taste, big pods and still pretty damn hot :)

Back