• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Datil Patch's 2011 Grow Log

Sorry for the bad pick from my Phone, but here are the first 404 seeds stated on 1-19-2011. The large trays are 192 cell Plantel trays. I used a light cable to build a warming table with 3/4" pink foamboard. I have my fingers crossed otherwise. I will post a list in a bit.

peppers%20starts%20-%202011-01-20%2014.55.13.jpg

I over-wintered some Datils. I let the freeze take the Bad Datils. I did start the last of my NMSU Datils. I have another 72 cell tray that will be half Datils from 3 other collected sources.

Bhut Jolokia - Assam
Bhut Jolokia - NMSU
Bih Jolokia
Bombay Morich
Dorset Naga
Jolokia, Chocolate
Naga Jolokia (not PC-1)
Naga Morich

7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Barrockpore
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Chocolate
7 Pot Trinidad Yellow, Original Strain
Amish Bush
Bonda Ma Jacques
Burkina Hot
Datil - NMSU
Douglah
Dundicutt
Fatalii
Fefferoni
Florida Wild
Giant Jalapeno
Goat Pepper
Habanero, Chocolate
Habanero, Peach
Habanero, Dominican Red
Najluti
Pequin
Purira
Rocopica, Red
Scorpion Butch T
Scorpion Yellow, Trinidad - SR
Scorpion Yellow - CARDI
Scorpion Red, Trinidad - Original Strain
ScorpionTrinidad, Moruga Blend
Scotch Bonnet, True Jamaican
Scotch Bonnet, Yellow - Papa Joe's
Tabasco
Trindad Bean
Zimbabwe Bird

Sweets
Bell, Miniature Chocolate
Bell, Miniature Red
Bell, Miniature Yellow
Healthy
Kalosca Sweet Hungarian Paprika
Napoleon Sweet
Sweet Chocolate
Tangerine Pimento
Zavory

Ahh yes DP, I didnt think of having to bottom water trays that big! Still nice tho. Great grow list! :cool:
Kevin

Yeah, I was thinking of going with Speedling trays but as they are made of Styrofoam, I know from experience they would not last me more than a season.

OH man thats one hell of a line up my friend, looking forward to this one ill pull my chair right up front! much karma

My heating table has only been getting the seed trays up to 75F, so I pulled the top sheet of foam to replace it with some Masonite I had to see if I could get more heat transfer. The LED cable was blackend from the built up heat between the foam panels. I'm going to be ordering a bonafidy plant heating pad for starting seeds tonite or tomorrow. Just gotta find the best price on one to go under the 26" long trays.

Will post a pic of the LED cables shortly.

light%20cable%202011-01-25%2017.14.51.jpg

That looks like it would work pretty good. Why are you giving up on the DIY approach? I think there's a certain satisfaction when you DIY. :bday: by the way! :cheers:

Alright with the masonite on top for 5 hrs, the temp 1" deep in random cells is 82 F. Which is in the target range. Now lets hope I didn't screw the seeds in the first week at too low a temp. I will try to use this for the rest of my seed-out but next season, I will get a germination mat.

well 1 seed popped. Sweet Chocolate. but it retained it's seed coat. Maybe in a few days I can try the surgical removal method... The temp has dropped on the table to about 80F. So I guess I gotta either get an insulation box built or set up the lampkits I got at HD to put some top heat on these things.

Well tonight we have had a few more pop.

Dorset Naga x2
Red 7 Pot x2
Dundicut x1

I'm starting to feel a little releived about the low temps for the first week.

Back