• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ThePepperGrowingMan's 2011 Grow Log

Here's what I am starting with this year, seeds went in the dirt today :dance:
More will be started when it gets a little closer to being able to put them outside.

giant jolokia
jonah 7 pod
chocolate jolokia
7 pod brain strain
doughlah
caribbean red
pimenta de neyde

img_3888.jpg

First sprout up today...takes a long time when it's 62 - 65 degrees and you don't quite keep things wet enough. That's ok though, no rush when I still have 2+ months before plant out.

Here's it is, a 7 Pod Jonah

img_4001.jpg

thanks guys.

have been planting more seeds over the past two weeks and added some more today. grow now includes:

giant red bhut jolokia
chocolate jolokia
7 pod jonah
7 pod brain strain
7 pod doughlah
caribbean red
pimenta de neyde
trinidad scorpion morough blend
jalapeno early
jalapeno black
jalapeno giant
Serrano
long red slim cayenne

img_4008.jpg

Have some sprouts too - 7 pod jonah and brain strain, trinidad scorpion morough blend, giant bhut jolokia, caribbean red and pimenta de neyde. More popping every day.

img_4009.jpg

Can't wait to see how your grow go's. I am running a lot of the same ones so I will be stopping by often to see how they are growing. Good luck! :dance:

Thanks guys.

Grow is going well. I have had had almost 100% germination and picked up a few extra plants from my neighbor. A couple have died but that's to be expected :cool:

img_4054.jpg

Nice! Love the trays :dance: necessity is truly the mother of invention :lol:

Thanks. They make things a lot easier. I rotate all the plants about once a week to give them different light and when it comes to carrying plants outside and back in April/May leading to plant out they cant be beat.

Nice looking plants! When do you plan on putting them outside?

Thanks. I think May 15 is the "official" date but I'll start carrying them in and out as soon as the weather permits and if May's looking nice will put them out full time the first week of May.

Looking great TPGM.

Thank you sir. Just trying to keep up with some other great grows...like yours :cheers:

Your plants are looking awesome!
Very nice growth!
Nice job man!

Only about 6 weeks till' they move to their new homes!

Your plants are looking spectacular ThePepperGrowingMan! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hopefully you'll get yourself a bumper crop of SuperHots this autumn. :woohoo:

Are you growing more of the Giant Bhut Jolokias again this year?

dvg

Doesn't the growth of your plants make you overly anxious to get them babies outside?!!! Come on nice weather :dance: Looking forward to your next post of pics!

It does. We had such an early spring last year I was spoiled. I think my plants were outside most of April. In some nights but for the most part they got to spend a lot of time outside.

Your plants are looking spectacular ThePepperGrowingMan! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hopefully you'll get yourself a bumper crop of SuperHots this autumn. :woohoo:

Are you growing more of the Giant Bhut Jolokias again this year?

dvg

Thank you and yes, I plan to have about 10 of the giant jolokia. I kept a bunch if seeds from my best pods last year for this seasons grow. That and the chocolate bhut jolokia will account for about 1/2 of my total super hot plants.

Back