• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Coyame

I bought these Coyame Jalapeno seeds at Lowe's today. I think it's a milder
jalapeno and it's suppose to be extra large 4" (Burpee). Has anyone tried
them. They sound like they would be good for poppers. I'm doubtful about
the 4", but will find out this summer.

Yes they are montsano seeds. If I knew that I wouldn't have
bought them.

Thanks

Linda
hah, i'd buy them just because of that.

just sow them and enjoy your crop. hopefully it will be better than you expect.

i'm on the other side of the card here. i'm one of those odd gardeners that actually thinks that what montsanto is doing is actually, in the end, beneficial to mankind as a whole, and very much natural.

I bet they really do make good poppers. A lawsuit pops if you save the seed. Seriously though, a regular spray of herbicide and they'll probably grow like a cow on steroids.

to each their own; if i spent 10 years and had to hire 2,000 people to breed/gm the perfect tomato, you're damn sure i'm gonna protect my investment...

The problem with some of the Monsanto seed protection laws are that they allowed a wind pollenated GM soybean out into the wild and then sued people who never bought the GMO soy seed, but used their own that they had been saving seed from for years. Because the seed showed influence of the GMO pollenation.

The problem with some of the Monsanto seed protection laws are that they allowed a wind pollenated GM soybean out into the wild and then sued people who never bought the GMO soy seed, but used their own that they had been saving seed from for years. Because the seed showed influence of the GMO pollenation.

yeah, i think that's a problem with our judiciary system, which tends to oversimplify stuff in order to deal with the majority of the uneducated jurors which can't grasp even the most elementary math/bio (don't blame them, blame our awesome educational system for that)... i heard a good lawyer once say "all the people that are on jury duty are the ones who were too dumb to know how to get out of it".. anyways...

when it comes to things like that, the company should have to prove that there was some form of monetary gain created by growing the hybrid seed and then it should get a cut of that monetary gain if it can prove it was triggered solely by the hybrid seed.

I bought these Coyame Jalapeno seeds at Lowe's today. I think it's a milder
jalapeno and it's suppose to be extra large 4" (Burpee). Has anyone tried
them. They sound like they would be good for poppers. I'm doubtful about
the 4", but will find out this summer.

Old post I know, but what was the result of your harvest?

I'm growing these this year and I have a boat load of peppers on my plants but I've read that they turn red when ripe. I was under the assumption that they stayed green from the picture on the seed package. I picked one this morning and tried it. Pretty good taste with decent heat, I'd say close to 10k scoville even tho I've read they only get to 5k. But I've had 100+ heat for a few weeks, maybe that turned the heat up some.

crazy.gif

Monsanto might be the worst corporation in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto
+1 +1

I heard that there was one of them around.
+1

Perhaps there is a reason we haven't heard back.... In lab testing rats that eat Monsanto corn as a staple, die from an exploded tummy within a year or so.

not to put a maudlin spin on things here...

charlesNYC
Member Since 25 May 2010
OFFLINE Last Active Feb 08 2012 10:43 PM

Ah so they are GMO's. I was just growing them to grow them anyway. My Red Hab, Tabascos, Bhuts, and Butch T's aren't tho.

Ah so they are GMO's. I was just growing them to grow them anyway. My Red Hab, Tabascos, Bhuts, and Butch T's aren't tho.

yeah i cant wait for monsanto to get a hold of the superhots! genetically altered moruga scorpions, or butch t scorpions! Super evil poddage that comes to life! it would be like a bad 70's b horror flick " Attack of the killer monsanto"

true gt but i was going after the killer tomatoes bit so it had to be done, unorth, oops i mean monsanto is not in need of the quantifying adjective you are correct

Back