• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Some pepper plant updates!

As some of you know I own a video game store. Well the front window faces South, and boy are some of my plants doing awesome!

Lemon Drop on April 22
lemon4-22.JPG

Lemon Drop on May 13
lemon5-13.JPG

Naga on April 22
naga4-22.JPG

Naga on May 13
naga5-13.JPG

Biggest reason they are doing so well is the big window that is creating a mini-greenhouse effect. Hopefully the produce tons of peppers!

That's awesome, shop window greenhouse:)

btw, I'm a pc gam3r for life, any chance you take peppers for game trade? :onfire: ;) hmmm or maybe a discount for the ub3r PS3 I've been wanting? :P

I just pinched off aboot 30+ buds from the Lemon Drop today.... Man I wasn't really aware that this plant was such a heavy producer...

Also pinched aboot 20 on one of my Jalabanero F2 plants. And over the weekend my Naga plant has aboot 8 buds starting, wonders if I should pinch those as well......

@ Chilehunter: My Naga is not a slow grower, but is doing just great compared to other chinenses, and I have about 15 different types this year... but they might be slow to ripen, we'll see about that...:hell:

@ Web of hair: how about some pictures of your JalabaƱero F2 plants? I have been chcecking your site out, but isn't it a long time since you last updated it? I am very interested in seeing just how different they will develop...

Donnie said:
@ Chilehunter: My Naga is not a slow grower, but is doing just great compared to other chinenses, and I have about 15 different types this year... but they might be slow to ripen, we'll see about that...:cry:

Hi Donnie, welcome on board!

Donnie said:
@ Web of hair: how about some pictures of your JalabaƱero F2 plants? I have been chcecking your site out, but isn't it a long time since you last updated it? I am very interested in seeing just how different they will develop...

I'll be attempting to work on the Jalabanero page tonight. I have to rewrite the whole page.

F2 Jalabanero 4-22
jalab4-22.JPG

F2 Jalabanero 5-13
jalab5-13.JPG

I'll have more pics tronight, if I can make a stable enough site.

GREAT! Can't wait. I'll never complain about to much rain here because it NEVER happens until about every seventh year, and yes, this is a seventh year. Tobasco's looking ah somewhat hydrated. Yellow. I think they'll be ok. Don't micro manage...don't micro manage...

Web of Hair, here is a pic of my first pod on the jalabanero. I have been pinching them off for quite some time but i can't keep up with all these plants so I'm letting them all stay on from here on out. i have three Jalabaneros that i kept and they are all doing well I am going to put 2 in the ground and I have this one potted. Are the seeds that i got from you F-1's or F-2's ?

jalabanero.jpg

Dale

thepodpiper said:
Web of Hair, here is a pic of my first pod on the jalabanero. I have been pinching them off for quite some time but i can't keep up with all these plants so I'm letting them all stay on from here on out. i have three Jalabaneros that i kept and they are all doing well I am going to put 2 in the ground and I have this one potted. Are the seeds that i got from you F-1's or F-2's ?
Dale

They are F2s

This one so far is looking as close to the parent
Some wind damage, and an a*****e....
jalab5-22.JPG

The parent plant isn't doing well, don't know what to do...

That one of yours looks great, hope the peppers come out close to the F1s.

Here is a new pic of the lemon plant
lemon5-22.JPG

Naga today
naga5-22.JPG

close up of buds on Naga
nagabud5-22.JPG

my pepper plants are somewhat like the first picture, showing buds (I used to type them as buts, sorry for that ;-) ) and I read all over that you should pinch out these buds, however in some forums I read not too pinch. Could it be dependent on the region where you are ? In belgium maybe the growing season is too short for these plants to dispose the first flowers - you might get little fruits or is this a misconception and do you expect to have more or bigger fruits by pinching ?

herne_the_hunter said:
Very nice healthy looking plants. Is your video games store a retro establishment ? I noticed the Genesis stuff in the background.
Thank you.

Yes, my store carries video games for every console ever made! Currently have games for every major console in the US, and games for a couple of the obscure ones. Even carry imports!

Some peppers pods are now on two plants, Lemon Drop is producing tons of buds again! Leaving them this time. 2 Pepper pods are on my potential Tabasco/Cayenne F1, I forgot my camera at work so I'll have tomorrow night (crosses fingers on an F1).

Dale the Habanero/Cayenne seeds were F1s(potential F1s) (can't remember if I sent any other seeds) My habanero/Cayennes are not doing well... Only one left alive....

Web Of Hair, I do have about 6 of the hab cayennes growing right now and the are doing great. I only have 3 of the Jalabaneros they are also doing fine you did send me some of the tabasco/cayennes but i did not plant any this year. i am going to put all of the hab/cayennes in the garden because i am running out of room on the patio for more pots. I will keep you updated on the hab/cayennes.

Dale

Back