• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking A Blizzard Can't Stop Me

so we had a blizzard last night. 14 inches of snow, 30 mile per hour winds - who cares? got a path shoveled to the grill and i'm planning on thumbing my nose at mother nature - haven't decided whether to grill up a batch of wings or to grill some lamb chops. still have a few hours to decide.

P1020374.jpg

That's the spirit! It will taste even better. We have been getting spring-like weather here in Seattle. Has the world turned upside down?

think you woulda given up if you had to shovel your way to the grill wherei am hahha lamb chops for sure, with lots of powder for seasoning ;)

With all that effort to grill Bubby, cook 'em both! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

wings tonight, lamb chops tomorrow. have the wings in a brine (salt water only) as i type. will post some pictures.

off the racks and just about ready to put in the hot sauce:

P1020391.jpg

it's now dark outside. time to use an ingenious device that i got from chile monsta. i'll post a picture next time.

Glad to see you survived the blizzard! The wings sound great, I'm surviving on leftovers in my part of Illinois.

wing sauce added. in the back a traditional cayenne/vinegar type sauce. in the front is my favorite - homemade cherry smoked bhut jolokia with pineapple hot sauce.

P1020392.jpg

this is a great tool for night grilling - a light that attaches to baseball hat:

P1020396.jpg

last pictures coming up will be off the grill and ready to eat. tomorrow night - lamb chops - blizzard isn't going to get the best of me!

done. all that is left to do is enjoy the wings.

hot on the left, blazing on the right.

P1020398.jpg

i had fun doing this - hope that you enjoy the pictures.

Oh hell yeah! Wings in a blizzard can't be beat. I bet that smoked bhut pineapple sauce is great.

cool to see that you laughed in oldman winter & grilled anyways.
tasty looking wings ya made there, now what about that lamb you mentioned ?

pushed the lamb chops back a day - will fire them up tomorrow (friday). need to decide on how i'm going to heat them up :mouthonfire:

Back