• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Potawie's Pepper Progress

Potawie's getting overpeppulated again so I thought I'd share some pics. Here's a look at some of my smaller plants from sprouts till present(May 18). May not be all the same plants in the last pics.

March 1st under flourescent lights

March 27

May 19 Peppers get outside on a nice day, tomatoes in the greenhouse.

Nice little set up there! I am so envious of your greenhouse. Screw the tomatoes and put the habaneros that you have there in it :D

What a fabulous set up! The picture of the green house with all the plants looks like something out of a gardening magazine.

RedThumb said:
Lookin' good. What are the ones in the back left with the purple leaves?

:?:I think those are Royal Black but not 100% sure. I have quite a few purple varieties growing this year.

Pam said:
What a fabulous set up! The picture of the green house with all the plants looks like something out of a gardening magazine.

Thanks:) If only the rest of my peppers were this organized. You'd never know its all growing above my septic bed. Kind of like your "poo blanket" all I have to do is eat hot sauce and flush to heat my greenhouse:lol:

POTAWIE said:
Thanks:) If only the rest of my peppers were this organized. You'd never know its all growing above my septic bed. Kind of like your "poo blanket" all I have to do is eat hot sauce and flush to heat my greenhouse:lol:

*spurf*

You owe me a new keyboard!

POTAWIE said:

I'm confused with your statement, did you build your greenhouse ontop of your septic drain field :shocked: or are you growing edible plants in your drain field ?
here no county would even allow building ontop of a drain field & most people wouldnt even think about it either, as for growing edible plants in the drain field :hell:
here we can get (human) waste from the county waste treatment center to fertilize the farm fields, granted its not pure waste but close enough, but you can not put any edible crop for human consumption in that field for something like 5 years. they have a reason for it, so I dont know if it'd be smart to grow plants in your drain field that you plan on eating their fruit.

also great looking plants, I wish I had a green thumb like you

chilehunter said:
Did you build your greenhouse ontop of your septic drain field :shocked: or are you growing edible plants in your drain field ?
here no county would even allow building ontop of a drain field & most people wouldnt even think about it either, as for growing edible plants in the drain field :cry:
:rolleyes:I was just a joke, there is no poo involved. The greenhouse is over the septic tank moreso than the drain field. The whole greenhouse weighs less than 50 Lbs and no plants are in the ground, just in pots

POTAWIE said:
:rolleyes:I was just a joke, there is no poo involved. The greenhouse is over the septic tank moreso than the drain field. The whole greenhouse weighs less than 50 Lbs and no plants are in the ground, just in pots
Thats reasurring. For you no doubt.

Here's some new cool looking pods.

Trinidad Scorpion -No real tail but its only the first one.
509763798431d29d9dell1.jpg

Cappuccino Hab turning color
5203322525b5495ab3fso2.jpg

The ?vulture mystery pepper revisited

POTAWIE said:
Potawie's getting overpeppulated again so I thought I'd share some pics. Here's a look at some of my smaller plants from sprouts till present(May 18). May not be all the same plants in the last pics.

March 1st under flourescent lights

March 27

May 19 Peppers get outside on a nice day, tomatoes in the greenhouse.

and now May 30

Excellent looking plants! You look to be well on your way to a good season.

Oh yeah, totally jealous of the greenhouse too. ;-)

Frost warning for last night and tonight so all plants are in the house or greenhouses. The poly-tunnel is getting full. I really can't wait to start the garden.

Back