Hi from So Cal

Hello, I am a total newbie to growing. I am in Orange county southern california. Love the site, learning what I can.

Shooty* said:
Do they actually, like, grow oranges in orange county? Or is there a less obvious reason for the name? :D

You got it. Orange county several years ago used to be covered with oranges. Now there are a million houses that nobody can afford taking up every inch of available land. A lot of people do still have orange trees in their yards though.

Slinter said:
You got it. Orange county several years ago used to be covered with oranges. Now there are a million houses that nobody can afford taking up every inch of available land. A lot of people do still have orange trees in their yards though.

If it counts for anything, I've got a Lemorange tree (lemon orange hybrid) in my back yard......still trying to give away the two year old sproutling of it that I have.....

imaguitargod said:
Los Angeles?

Nice try. We've got 197 of 'em going on right now on this side of the country. It's actually a bit smoky out today again. I picked a bad day to ride my mountain bike to work.

Back