• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

My 1st Naga sauce

Philipperv

Banned
I call it "Chili Scott's Nuclear Naga Sauce" and it has almost my entire 2nd Naga harvest in it (around 30 peppers). 1/2 drop will do yah! :rolleyes:

nagasauce.jpg

nagasauce2.jpg

nagas.jpg

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Yikes!! Looks like some HOT stuff!
It would be fitting to see the review here on "The Hot Pepper" :bday:[/QUOTE]

Well i'll be in Seattle in late July/early August. Do you have anyone there that can give me a review?

Once you get into the country, you should be able to mail it out using the US postal system, that way it doesn't have to go through customs. EZ Earl is the only person I can think of up in that corner (sorry to any newbies or people who haven't posted in a while from there). I'm sure there are a few of us who are willing to try some; I'd even pay you for the sauce and shipping if you are interested (I still haven't tried a Naga or a naga sauce).

dreamtheatervt,

Shipping a glass container would be a nightmare! Anyway, my biggest problem is smuggling this through the security sweeps getting on to my flight. Any ideas?

I've only flown once, and that was pre 9/11, so I have no idea what airport security is like. I would like to think that being open and honest about it would be the most effective way, but my guess is that wouldn't work. Try pulling a mullet and freezing it :D

As for moving your product, wrap it in bubble wrap or newspapers to make it ship-able.

[quote name='Philipperv']Now I have to figure out how to get a Mullet-review.[/QUOTE]
That's an easy one....you ship it to me ;)

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']It would be fitting to see the review here on "The Hot Pepper" ;)[/QUOTE]
That's a good idea. If he ships it to me, I'll do the review here instead of my usual spot.

put some in a condom (tie a knot in it), swallow it, walk through customs, vomit it back up - simple

hope like hell the rubber doesn't break or burn through otherwise you could spend the entire flight in the can

chilliman64 said:
hope like hell the rubber doesn't break or burn through otherwise you could spend the entire flight in the can

Or HOSPITAL! Actually, i'm considering putting it in some toiletry container like a lotion bottle that you can't see through. Do those still get confiscated?

Well, I received the sauce and will be posting a review here later this week. But for now, I'll say this, "Woooooowwwie that's good." It really has a unique flavor that boards on esquisit. Not much heat in small quantities but once you hit that point of mass consumption...watch out, this sauce bites hard....

:lol: but, seriously, the Canadian customs people in Vancouver were a**holes and searched every piece of my luggage looking for chilis after I told them that I grew them as a hobby. Too bad they didn't find the ones I had hidden. :lol:

My son flew in from Vegas, was refused entry cause they said that they believed that he had run away from home, stolen $ from his mom's bank account, and was gonna run away with me. Kept him overnight in their immigration jail and then put him on a flight the next day. I already have an attorney and will be seeing them in court and you guys thought that you were having a bad day! :(

Back