• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

This seasons must have plant?

Hey Trendsetters,

So what is your this seasons "MUST HAVE" seeds?

I am really looking forward to seeing the northern hemispheres effort now that spring is arriving up there.

Please don't flame me, I am just curious to see what exciting projects people are planning.

Hmmmm. This year ts yellow morouga blend and choc scorp and more annums and pubescence this year compared to chinenses. Want to do a lot of my own pickles this year.

I'm going the not so hots this year. I've started atomic heart seedlings from seed and just finished planting them out. Also put my name down with the council to have cat traps laid in my area. To many strays killing seedlings.....well no more. Its going to be a chilli filled cat free year.

That would have to be:

TS Morouga Red/Yellow
TS Choc – Still working on them/2 of 6 look promising
Infinity
Primo
Brain Strain
Douglah

Real deal scotch bonnets...sick of wasting time with the wannabe's. Then the Fatalii. Everything else can die off for all i care, but these two are must grows for me in 2011.

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon Strain
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Yellow 7 pod XXX Large
Douglah
Chocolate Habanero
and a hotter than the hinges of hades mystery 7 pod red that may be something else (Butch T??) The identity was lost at a chilihead party where I got the seeds from a fresh pod.

Nothing much new this year except the Numex bigJim heritage edition and maybe the sandia heritage if they ever get released

Not a pepper, but hops! Gotta grow a couple of rhizomes, mostly in containers so I can move them after this season is over.

Mike

Even though I started late season for the first time, with a hotter summer expected, I really want some yellow habaneros and some jolokias, will try to overwintering this year for more pods next year, I don't expect any pods from my nagas this year though. :( :)

I am looking forward to the Chocolate Bhut as well. The seeds I had last season did not grow true. The Goat Pepper I received from Chris should be really good. I am also looking forward to growing Ariane and Early Sunsation. I started these two for my father last season but he would use them before they ripened. I am also bringing back Fatalii this season so that is good.

I have been looking forward for this new season to grow my own CARDI Yellow Scorpion, Received some fresh pods last season and loved their flavor and shape/size and heat(not extreme).

I am also looking forward to trying (and growing) my first Fish Pepper, never had or grown these before.

There are a whole bunch more I wish I could grow or try, but I have limited space, so hopefully I can buy some fresh pods of other varieties from members of this site!

This year I'm growing a yellow Scorpion (not Cardi strain), and a chocolate Scorpion, and a yellow Scorpion/Morouga blend that I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do.

Alan

Wow I hope you guys post pics when they get going.

I think next round I am going Butch

Fatalii - just cause I need to know why the hell everybody grows them.

The Infinity I just gotta try and if at all possible I will have a stab at the possibly unstable viper.

Back