• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

FineExampl 2011 grow log

Hi everyone.

I decided it's time to say hello again as i've been away. I'm going to be starting up shortly and wanted to get something of a start at least on paper.

Goal: Flavor vs. Fire

I had a terrible season last year. Just awful! Going to try again this year with a newfound vigor. I want to not grow for heat, but for the subtle flavors of the hot peppers.

In the lead for selection:
Manzano and Rocoto and any other pubescens i can scrounge up. I think i have 3 varieties right now.
I'm thinking i'll stick with S. America and work from there.
I want some sweet peppers as well, so i'm looking to score some paprika varieties.
And of course, the strange and unusual are welcome.

Can anyone help out with the strange and unusual? I can trade if you like. I have a ton of seeds very well kept that i'm pulling from for this year. I also like rare plants, so consider that as well.

Well, that's all i have right now. I just wanted to say hello and get a thread rolling.

cheers!

Welcome back, and here's hoping this year is better.
If you're looking for a sweet pepper, I'm a fan of the Giant Marconi. They're pretty easy to get at home depot, they're huge, and I've had really good results growing them at home. Never had a bell give me more than one or two pods.

Unfortunately I got rid of just about everything form last year, wanted to start the year with fresh seeds, the only thing I have is manzanos, which it looks like you've got already.

Back