• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hey!

Anyone ot this chili plant at home?

PETER PEPPER aka Chilli Willi

Posted Image

If yes, please, can you spare a few seeds? I want to make it a pressent for my mother in law!

Thank you!

Primož

#2 Hot Pooper

Hot Pooper

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Unfortunately, I dont have any seeds to send to you. But, I wanted to let you know that the Peter Pepper's usually don't come out looking like that. You might get 1 in 1,000. Maybe more. I grew them last year, and not one looked like that.
"He's a ra-tard"

#3 PrimozG

PrimozG

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

Unfortunately, I dont have any seeds to send to you. But, I wanted to let you know that the Peter Pepper's usually don't come out looking like that. You might get 1 in 1,000. Maybe more. I grew them last year, and not one looked like that.

This is a interesting information. Did you considder the seeds were already crossed? I had such bad experiences with some seeds from chilli companies.

#4 muskymojo

muskymojo

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

I've heard that from some people and I've also seen pictures of plants full of peter shaped pods. I think it depends on the seed source. I'm growing them this year but don't have any seeds to spare.
...< `)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]//{.....< `)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]//{{.....< `)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]//{{

#5 dvg

dvg

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

This is a interesting information. Did you considder the seeds were already crossed? I had such bad experiences with some seeds from chilli companies.

That's a good point and the seed source could make a big difference.

I know of one grower that reported great success with his Peter Peppers last year.

He said that most if not all of his peppers came out looking just like a unit, with some leaning left and some leaning right.

But a lot of other growers have reported these peppers as being hit and miss in the past, in regards to them looking like the proverbial unit.

dvg

#6 pauly7

pauly7

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

But a lot of other growers have reported these peppers as being hit and miss in the past, in regards to them looking like the proverbial unit.

Maybe those growers just have weird-looking units ;)

"I found it particularly ironic, My Lord, because I've got a thingy that's shaped like a turnip!" Baldrick

#7 VegHead

VegHead

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

I think Pepper Joe has some seeds. Hes on the forum now!! I bought some from him a few years ago and lost them in a move so I never planted em....bummer!!

#8 POTAWIE

POTAWIE

On Fire!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • (x2)

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

They are on my list of peppers to never grow again. We had a challenge here a few years back and it was dissapointing :(
Check out my pepper pics and more on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/potawie

#9 JungleRain

JungleRain

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme Biz
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

They are on my list of peppers to never grow again. We had a challenge here a few years back and it was dissapointing :(

no one could rise to the occasion???? :dance: :dance: :dance:
"Experience the Flavour, Feel the Pain" http://www.junglerain.com.au
"The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd.Those who walk alone are likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before" ____ Albert Einstein

#10 Nova

Nova

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 13,673 posts
  • aka:Fathead

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

:rofl: Nice one
The person who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it.

#11 smokemaster

smokemaster

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

I've found after growing Yellow,orange and red Peters,that the yellow and orange ones were almost the same in color but produced more of the desired pod shape,Reds put out pods like someone did a drunken circumcision on them with a dull knife,..Wierd looking pods but not the expected shape.

#12 dvg

dvg

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:13 AM

Reds put out pods like someone did a drunken circumcision on them with a dull knife.

Hopefully that drunken butcher was wearing his beer googles that night, so he could at least see what he was doing with that there butter knife. :eek: :rofl: :crazy:

dvg

#13 midwestchilehead

midwestchilehead

Hot

• Extreme
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

Here is a red one I grew last year. The key is not to overwater them.

Posted Image
Calvin's 2.0 powder, New Mexico chile seeds, other varieties and some superhots! Grow your own and taste the difference!
http://www.midwestchileheads.com

#14 pauly7

pauly7

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:09 AM

If your genitals look like that, please see a doctor. ;)

#15 pepperjoe

pepperjoe

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

Hey!

Anyone ot this chili plant at home?

PETER PEPPER aka Chilli Willi

Posted Image

If yes, please, can you spare a few seeds? I want to make it a pressent for my mother in law!

Thank you!

Primož

If you grow a pure strain of the original Peter Pepper from the Alfrey Family in Knoxville Tennessee, they all come out looking like that. It's not the exception, but they are all shaped like the true Peter Pepper. It's an heirloom that if I remeber correctly goes back to the 1800's.
I've difficulty with the Yellow Peter Pepper, it grow scrawny compared to the true red strain and not so consistently shaped.
Stick with the Red from a good source.
:dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

Fiery Regards and Great Gardening, Pepper Joe
468X60.GIF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users