• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A little help, please...

Ok. The one surviving Serrano from last year is definitely alive, but it's only sprouting leaves from one of it's "trunks"...and not that many. The other main "trunk" is green about 1/2 way up, but nothing sprouting. There are also several dead looking pieces, but when I was trimming it up, the inside was greenish right next to the bark.

My question is: Should I trim off more of the dead pieces and hope for the plant to put more energy into growing instead of healing? Or what?

Oh...seed update: Nada, nothing....just dirt filled cups.

Give the seeds time, it's only been like a week or two....

Cut back what looks unhealthy, the plant should be fine. It'll bounce back becuase it's not tryong to support drying growth. It'll have more energy all around.

DevilDuck said:
Cool. Thanks killer!
No problem. And on a side note,I shall share a little bit of my experience. I generally find that when pepper plants are overwnter (such like you are doing now) they will waking up when ever they feel like it. :D

It's almost June right now in here (odd weather aside) and I still have some plants that have been in their "waking up mode" for about 2 months now....

:think:OK.... I'm doing everything I know how to do, and haven't varied from my regimen from the past two years. The weather is stabilizing, and my watering/feeding regimen is more than suitable for the 80's day/50's night temps.

My Tabasco is curling and looking like it not getting enough water (It's a good bluff for a plant, but I know better.) and my habs and jalapeƱos aren't getting any growth.

Now, underneath all of the crusty desert sand is some pretty decent soil that I've put in. Somehow that sand keeps appearing and floating back to the top or just blowing in from wherever. Do I need to carefully turn the soil (again) and keep it like that? I haven't need to in the past.

On the plus side, my 'maters are growing like crazy!

Well, just did that tonite.

However.... I am the proud papa of 4 little Limon Hab seedlings!!!! The little guys are just peeking up above the soil and still in a hook shape. The Orange Rocotos are taking their time...still.

DevilDuck said:
Well, just did that tonite.

However.... I am the proud papa of 4 little Limon Hab seedlings!!!! The little guys are just peeking up above the soil and still in a hook shape. The Orange Rocotos are taking their time...still.

Yay!

It's such a thrill when they first poke their little heads up.

Back