• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

U)<now's 2011 Grow Log!

So Last year I started on February 1st and it was a little early so this year I started on March 2nd. Yesterday, March 7th, I had my first seedling pop up... only 5 days of germination for a 7 Pod Douglah in the dirt, no paper towel methods or anything just seeds in the dirt, but I do use heat mats that have kept the soil around 80F. Today I also had a Yellow Trinidad Scorpion Cardi pop up as well (6 days).

Grow list this year is:

7 Pod Brain Strain -------------- Planted 03-2-2011
7 Pod Douglah ------------------- Planted 03-2-2011
7 Pod Jonah --------------------- Planted 03-2-2011
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow Cardi -- Planted 03-2-2011
Trinidad Scorpion Red ----------- Planted 03-2-2011
Caribbean Red Habanero ---------- Planted 03-5-2011
Orange Habanero ----------------- Planted 03-5-2011
Thai Hot ------------------------ Planted 03-5-2011
Hot Lemon ----------------------- Planted 03-5-2011
Jalapeno------------------------- Not Planted yet
Salsa Delight Hybrid ------------ Not Planted yet
Sweet Banana -------------------- Not Planted yet
Green Bell ---------------------- Not Planted yet
Red Bell ------------------------ Not Planted yet

Here are some pics of the "operation" so far.

THE NEW LIGHT STAND WITH FOUR FIXTURES, EIGHT 48" BULBS TOTAL...
IMG_20110123_233242.jpg

ALL READY TO GO (SOME LIGHTS NOT TURNED ON)
DSC04214.JPG

ONLY HAVE 3 LIGHTS UP RIGHT NOW... 4TH DIED, NEED TO PICK UP ANOTHER...
DSC04223.JPG

SOME 7 POD JONAH'S WAITING TO BE COVERED...
DSC04217.JPG

Here are some Plant Pic's... I also Over wintered a 7 pod Douglah that I did't start til mid season last year.

HERE IS THE 7 POD DOUGLAH SEEDLING...
DSC04221.JPG

HERE IS THE T SCORP YELLOW CARDI SEEDLING...
DSC04222.JPG

THE OVERWINTERED DOUGLAH, I JUST REPOTTED IT INTO THIS HUGE POT (I THINK ABOUT 8-10 GALLONS IN SIZE)(UPDATE: I MEASURED THE POT AND CONVERTED EVERYTHING AND IT IS 9.186 GALLONS) AND CUT THE PLANT BACK LITTLE AS WELL...
DSC04225.JPG

AND THE ULTRA SMALL PODS IT IS CURRENTLY PRODUCING INDOORS :-) THERE ARE ABOUT 70 IN THIS PIC. WHEN IT GETS OUT SIDE I'M SURE IT WILL PRODUCE NORMAL PODS, THERE ARE ABOUT 50 MORE UNRIPE PODS ON THE PLANT STILL...
DSC04228.JPG

Cool, lookin good. Although I think that Douglah pot is more like 3 gallons. It should be fine though until you plant outside.

Cool, lookin good. Although I think that Douglah pot is more like 3 gallons. It should be fine though until you plant outside.
No, its much larger than the 5 gallon buckets I have. The pic doesn't do it justice. I will measure it tomorrow and let u know the exact size.

So I measured the pot that the Douglah is in and it is 15 inches in diameter (7.5 inch radius) and 12 inches high. I converted it using this websites formula ( http://www.calculatoredge.com/enggcalc/volume.html#cylinder ) for a cylinder which comes out to 2121.39 cubic inches. Convert that to liters which is 34.76958209999 then convert the liters to gallons which is 9.186123564399999 Gallons. I guessed 8-10 so I was right in the ball park.

That website has all kinds of other conversion tools also. Pretty neat.

Update for everyone:

Here's a list of the sprouted so far since starting on March 2nd and some more pics!!!

Started on March 5th

1 Thai Hot of 9
0 Hot Lemon of 9
0 Orange Hab of 36
1 Carribbean Red of 36

Started on March 2nd

8 Yellow Scorpion Cardi of 11 (these are doing well!... kinda, see pics)
4 Red Scorpion of 9
3 7 Pod Jonah of 9
4 7 Pod Douglah of 11
0 7 Pod Brain Strain of 10

YELLOW SCORP CARDI, 7 IN THIS PIC AND ONE IN A SEPARATE TRAY FOR 8 SO FAR...
DSC04287.JPG

YELLOW SCORP CARDI DECAPITATED WHEN IT POPPED UP... COUPLE OTHER YSC HAD ISSUES ALSO...
DSC04282.JPG

ANOTHER YSC THAT LOST ONE COTYLEDON DUE TO BEING STUCK IN ITS SHELL... popped UP THIS WAY THOUGH.
DSC04284.JPG

few more pics for you:

7 POD DOUGLAH TRAY (2 MORE UNSPROUTED IN A SEPARATE TRAY) 3 IN THIS PIC...
DSC04285.JPG

7 POD JONAH TRAY...
DSC04286.JPG

SINGLE THAI HOT SO FAR...
DSC04290.JPG

Quick Update: On Saturday my 2 year old got a hold of my Sony DSC-W70 (camera was about 5 years old) digital camera that I use for these pics. Needless to say it no longer functions so that will be the end of my pictures for a while. Unless I use my SmartPhone which there will definitely be no nice Macro close up's like these with that lol.

DAMN!!! :banghead:

Wow, No camera now... Bummer.. Ain't kidz great!! I have two girls... almost 4 and 6. I just wanna go take em aoutside and.............

Sorry to hear about that. Good luck finding a replacement soon!! Everything looks good too!!!

So I am running about 95% Germination on my Orange Habs and Caribbean Reds. Most 7 pods and Scorps are at about 80% (or were 100% but lost a few to the seed hull being stuck on) except for my Brain Strains which are at 0% Germination after three weeks.

I was able to carefully cut the stuck seed hulls off most, some came out of the dirt with the cotyledons already chopped off... poor little guys never had a chance :violin: :cry:

Back