• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Frank's hot sauce

Heard alot of good things about it, so I orderded a 3.8 liter bottle from ebay.

This is nasty, tastes so sour.. Why do people like this so much? And why did I buy 3.8 liter LOL.

It is a vinegar based sauce, the flavor isn't all that appealing to most.
But it seems to have a strange fanatical fan base. :lol:

3.8 liter :beer: You could possible use it to clean toilets due to it's high acidity.

It's my standard buffalo sauce (+1 for Butter) and substitute ketchup for fries.

It's widely available where I'm at and I prefer it over any other regular food store brand hot sauce.

Heard alot of good things about it, so I orderded a 3.8 liter bottle from ebay.

This is nasty, tastes so sour.. Why do people like this so much? And why did I buy 3.8 liter LOL.

:lol: I agree 100%!

:lol: I do like it more than Tobasco as far as mild vinegar sauces go, but yeah, nothing special.

Yeah it's much better than your standard Tabasco but still a vinegar sauce :crazy:

thats strange, I think tabasco tastes far better than franks. theres something in franks that gives it a funky taste that I cant stand.

thats strange, I think tabasco tastes far better than franks. theres something in franks that gives it a funky taste that I cant stand.

I feel that way about Tabasco... the oakiness is a bit overbearing for me. Whichever way of the crappy but popular hot-sauce divide you stand, I think most people can agree that better things exist. I'm drinking a Yellow 7 Turkey Slap caesar right now and it's killer.

O-well, I'll admit that I do like it over the other wing sauces found in our local supermarkets. I live in Vermont...what do you expect? My wife calls this area a hillbilly state. :eek:

I don't like it very much, but I agree it's far better than tobasco. Then again, cat piss mixed with chile powder would probably taste better than tobasco.

Frank's is the original Buffalo wing sauce, Anchor Bar, Buffalo, NY. They were the first to do the butter/sauce combo and make wings. This is still a good wing sauce recipe, a good wing is tangy from the vinegar.

Try some Frank's wings if you want to try the original Buffalo wings. It's a decent gateway sauce, especially when used this way.

This is interesting...I use both Tabasco and Franks from time to time when I want the vinegar flavor in whatever I'm cooking/eating, but of the two... I like Franks better.
First because it seems to have a little less vinegar bite, but mostly because I think that unique flavor achieved by the aging/fermentation process for making both Tabasco and Franks,comes through more distinctly.
Some taste buds(the ones I was issued) like the "sourness" that results from a fermented pepper mash...others(like my Missus)find it repulsive and distasteful.(kinda like why some folks love broccoli, and others find it bitter)
I can't even add some fermented sauce to a recipe and sneak it past her.
Just guessing...but its possible "that" could be the "funky" taste you can't stand...
If you have ever tasted any authentic Kim Chi....there's similar "sourness" in the flavor.

Franks is a good choice for some easy wings. I do like it though and feel that it has a place with certain foods, just like most all hot sauces.

As with most things, Franks and Tabasco have a place in this world.

If you eat greens and use vinegar (a Southern thang), try Franks instead of vinegar. Adds a very nice, complimentary flavor.

As far as Tabasco, well, I'm still looking for its' place. :)

For some reason I love Tobasco on biscuits and gravy. Ive tried other sauces and just can't find one that matches as well as Tobasco.

As with most things, Franks and Tabasco have a place in this world.

If you eat greens and use vinegar (a Southern thang), try Franks instead of vinegar. Adds a very nice, complimentary flavor.

As far as Tabasco, well, I'm still looking for its' place. :)

Yep....cooked greens with a healthy dose of Franks Extra Hot.
Just give me hunk of cornbread on the side...and I'll be just fine, thank you.

Back