• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2011 Grow log

Starting out w/ a seed that just popped after being underground for > a month. I put both serrano seeds and jalapeno seeds in this pot. They didn't seem to sprout so I forgot about them. I'd be happy w/ either one because that would make the 4th different strain that I've grown. Already had some success w/ Kung Pao, phrik khi nu, & Hab's

5521325274_6c517a8ece.jpg

My starving-student, seed nursery. :oops: Piquin on the left, Rocoto in center, and Piquin on right. Sprouted two Rocoto's using the container on the right and others using the cellophane method.

5606901755_1c7658807a_z.jpg

Those Kung Paos go off! :onfire:

They were my second most productive plant this season (came in second behind my Aji Lemons). And the funny thing is, my KP plants weren't even that healthy!

Those Kung Paos go off! :onfire:

They were my second most productive plant this season (came in second behind my Aji Lemons). And the funny thing is, my KP plants weren't even that healthy!
So far, they are the most productive plants I've grown. One of mine shot up to 105 cm. Plus they have 5 pods/node.

Its got a drain hole. Same plant on left, Rocoto on right

5606901685_b61ff1f8bb.jpg
I want to give nitwit his due as he is the one who gave me the Rocoto & Piquin seeds. No luck on the Piquins yet but the weather is warming up (I don't have a heating pad so I'm reliant on the sun) so I'm hoping at least 1 or 2 sprout in the next week or so. Thanks again nitwit :cheers:

here's what my Rocoto looks like now. Thanks to nitwit for the seeds :)

5700490494_96de01d24a_z.jpg

Here's my solitary piquin that sprouted. In the center w/ a whitish-looking stalk and the seedcap still on. Thanks to nitwit for this seed as well. I have a few more seeds that might sprout next week

5699921021_5c0021fe09_z.jpg

nice looking pepper plants there dot dude,

you can try eating habs green if you want.
them look like hot muthas
it is farmers choice but i like to eat all kinds
green, yellow, red, orange :crazy:

nice looking pepper plants there dot dude,

you can try eating habs green if you want.
them look like hot muthas
it is farmers choice but i like to eat all kinds
green, yellow, red, orange :crazy:
I was thinking of trying one green and then one when fully ripened. I'm a little scared of the hab's though. I can't imagine eating a Jolokia or Scorp :eek: as a Hab is the hottest thing I've ever eaten. Will try to grow some of the hotter varieties next season perhaps.

BTW- What about the Rocoto? Are they really hot too?

you are going to have to judge for yourself

the first thing is they are "notorious" for dropping a few flowers

i have that ones mother in full bloom and only two pods i can see as of yet

mid may and :woohoo:

i see two pods

i am hoping you get some flowers and pods soon

will pm you if i post up any pics of them (my camera is a POS)

you are going to have to judge for yourself

the first thing is they are "notorious" for dropping a few flowers

i have that ones mother in full bloom and only two pods i can see as of yet

mid may and :woohoo:

i see two pods

i am hoping you get some flowers and pods soon

will pm you if i post up any pics of them (my camera is a POS)
Thanks. I'm very excited about the Rocoto because its so different/unique.

Hey DC, the plants are looking great. They are sucking up that metro air like champs!
Thanks. Heres an update: I accidentally roasted the serrano seedlings by leaving them outside & the piquin was too weak to make it what w/ my rudimentary lighting- system and me being gone all day. My habs and Rocoto's are coming along though. Here's the Habs:

5759465726_64061c833a_z.jpg

5758921535_2b50406d8a_z.jpg

5759465240_e2022c0788_z.jpg

Here's the Rocoto's. One has been sickly since sprouting but the other three are doing well. i even changed the dirt out on the sickly one. The two youngest Rocoto's:

5758921787_7d107038f9_z.jpg

The oldest/most mature Rocoto. Its even branched out on the top w/o me pruning it:

5758921665_12aaa50b17_z.jpg

The sickly- looking one that I re-potted w/ different dirt:

5758921839_f88839dcef_z.jpg

I'm really excited about these. Some jalapeƱos that just sprouted a few days ago. Hope I can keep 'em alive :oops: Won't be putting them outside, like I did the serrano's, until they beef- up some more. If you look closely, there are four. Haven't grown any of them before so I'm looking forward to it :)

5758921729_105deffa07_z.jpg

Back