Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!

Aye, mateys, the captain made port here in the twin cities to plunder, pillage, and most importantly... PARTY! And he brought a nice gift as well...

1734.gif

This is going to be a nice night... :lol:

As a regular imbed, mbreb, I'm Bubler of, hic, of the captain I can tell you that you basically have it. It is a bit smoother and sweeter meant more to be drank straight up than mixes but be careful. That sweeter can be a real killer in the morning. Drink smart and have 2 bottles or glasses of water before bed to help prevent morning unhappiness.

As a regular imbed, mbreb, I'm Bubler of, hic, of the captain I can tell you that you basically have it. It is a bit smoother and sweeter meant more to be drank straight up than mixes but be careful. That sweeter can be a real killer in the morning. Drink smart and have 2 bottles or glasses of water before bed to help prevent morning unhappiness.
Excellent point with the water. Sugar + alcohol = bad juju.

Hard for me to drink rum. One of the worst hangovers I ever had on rum n' coke. Private Stock = Takin' mah' pants off over mah' head.

That Captain Morgan you have is also a spiced rum.

We drink the regular Captain Morgan's spiced rum at Christmas with our egg nog.

Haven't tried the CM Private Stock yet but will keep an eye open for it.

As far as sweeter rums go, 'Bacardi 8' and 'Sailor Jerry' are nice choices.

And in the summer I like to drink the good ol' 'Lemonhart' Demerara Rum.

dvg

One of my worst hangovers was drinking....

with you. :doh:

I don't recollect that. Was it the shots or teh beers? If I recall correctly you went and partayed afterwards into the wee wee hour's with some no shall be named people. I'm outta' here in 3 days. One of the few 'thangs I'll miss will be Lee's Discount Liquors. One of the seventh wonders of teh woild!

I don't recollect that. Was it the shots or teh beers? If I recall correctly you went and partayed afterwards into the wee wee hour's with some no shall be named people. I'm outta' here in 3 days. One of the few 'thangs I'll miss will be Lee's Discount Liquors. One of the seventh wonders of teh woild!
Outta here? Wha?

Texas blues, I used to avoid dark rums too, for the fear of hangovers.

But I'm cured of that now.
I did drink a bunch of tropical drinks with a loooot of rum in the Caribbean, and I didn't get a hangover.
So, now I do have some dark rums in my booze cabinet, and I don't mind getting some of them occasionally. No more of the usual Bacardi or other unpersonal stuff you find around the globe, but rather some more specific ones. Tortuga and Seven Fathoms rums are awesome, too bad I can't find any here in Texas. Any dark or light rum I pick has to come from the correct geographical area to be properly made. So the closest to my ideal I find around here with relative ease is Mount Gay.

Wife likes the coconut rum... known to make her run around nekid... but my buddie and his wife Mr and MRS guzzles can tell y'all bout some CM...

Back