I confess... this particular question is not pepper related. But...

...does anyone know where to find a decent, sturdy wooden cabinet with two latching doors on the front (with glass windows to see the glasses inside, preferrably) that would be good to store beer glassware? This part is less important, but I'm looking for something that has shelves that are 16" tall and 24-30" from front to back to be able to store 3-4 of most types of glasses.

I've spent the last couple years growing peppers and drinking my beers out of pint glasses (er... sorry, I mean 16 U.S. ounce shakers...) and occasionally pilsener glasses (of which all but one broke, but now I'm on a beer glassware buying spree and I am replemishing my supplies). Now, I'm still hoping to have a kick-ass pepper harvest this year (though worried, because this is the first time I'm making my own potting mix and not planning to grow anything in the ground) and I am getting serious on beer glassware. I plan on getting many goblets, chalices, tulip glasses, and snifters, so this is like a new beer start for me. And as it is right now... I just don't have the room.

The problem is... the last thing I expected was for every damn furniture store I go to to point me to these damn "curio cabinets," which are decked out the ass with unneeded features like glass shelves, mostly-glass sides, and even a freaking light and an A/C cable for electricity to show off freaking figurines and priced out the ass from $800 to $1000 or more (what ever happened to plain wood?!?). I want functionality and visibility, but not something that damn fancy and high-tech. Just something to store beer glasses in. :(

I know, I know... a hot pepper forum... what a place to ask. I agree. But I have no clue where to ask, really. So I'm asking here, for any other beer-drinking, glassware-collecting, pepper-growing people... are there any decent places that sell furniture of this type good to store beer glassware?

Unfortunately, this question is not really about cooking with alcohol or wine/beer brewing, so I figured I'd just post it here. But it's not like it's about brewing beer or wine, either.

Check out freecycle.org. Someone near you may be trying to find a new home for theirs instead of putting it in a dump.

Check and see if you have a cabinet shop around, sometimes they have some stuff that was built for someone else and never picked up cheap.

Back