• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Candice's 2010/2011 grow season

Hi all

Well this season I would have to say has been my worst season yet mainly due to extremely hot weather (the hottest it has been on record for over 33yrs and no rain for like 2 months). Unfortunately it was the year that I also decided to grow the most. So results are not what I expected but thought I would share some photos of the best outcomes so far.

I decided to grow about 1,000 for plant sales through my business Wildfire Chilli (all sold out now), about 500 plants at an organic farm for fruit for my products (sauces, dried chillies, purees ec) and to offer some for sale to customers and as well as my own garden for pleasure and also other plants at home with isolation tents for seed sales.

Here are some pics from my home garden to start with.

7 Pot
IMG_2484.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Cardi Yellow
trinidadscorpionCardiunripe.jpg

Douglah
douglahunripe.jpg

Yellow Bhut Jolokia
yellowbhuts.jpg

yellowandgreenbhut.jpg

There are also heaps of pics on my Facebook page Wildfire Chilli facebook

WOW still looking very impressive, I hope you guys get some decent weather soon. Still loving your products too by the way.

Organic Farm
Growing Red Bhut Jolokia, Yellow Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Red 7 Pot, Brain Strain, Red Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow Trinidad Scorpion? (these plants came up in the red T.S batch and were from isolated seed from the season before), Naga Morich, Fatalii.

1st Row - This pic is from Jan 2011. just realised I didn't take any of the row yesterday whilst there just pod pics.
plantrow1.jpg

plantrow2.jpg

Trinidad Scorpions strain 1

trinidadscorppodunripe.jpg

scorpsredandgreen.jpg

trinidadScorpionredpod.jpg

Yellow strain that popped up with the red ones which were saved from the same plant as above and batch of isolated seeds. Some sort of throwback or new strain perhaps???
yellowscorpions.jpg

yellowscorp.jpg

WOW still looking very impressive, I hope you guys get some decent weather soon. Still loving your products too by the way.
Thanks JoeyK, Just heard we will have thunderstorms tonight!!! First lot of rain in 64 days and temps in the 20's - it has been in the high 30's since I can remember with a few 40's back a month ago. Glad your loving my sauce, cheers!

Very nice, looks like you're going to have a great 2011.
Hi Mascalzone, we are getting towards the end of the season now and have had a very bad season, have only been getting ok harvests for the last month or so. will be planning on what I will be planting for next season now.

Trinidad Scorpion Yellow Cardi

trinidadscorpionCardipods.jpg

A caterpillar that destroyed all my pods before I had noticed and now spidermites and other insects plus the heat have finished the plants off :(
trinidadscorpioncardiwithcaterpillar.jpg

Douglah
douglahpod.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Orange
TrinidadScorpionOrange.jpg

Nice photos, except the one of the catepillar. :hell: Some of your scorpions have rounded nubs not stingers, do they grow out pointy later? My lone trinidad scorpion plant is a tiny green stick with three sad looking leaves left.

The weather was nasty hot, but the heat has lingered on when it normally would be geting cold. Has that extended the production period from your experience? My first season so I wouldn't know. I noticed today one of my plants has just put out a mass of new buds.

Back