• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

A Little Help Please!

Hey, just came across this forum. I would like to bottle my own hot sauce and give it away to friends and family. While I want to hurt them with heat I don't want to kill them with botcholism. Can anyone tell me a good source on the web that has instructions for bottleing hot sauce at home?

any help would be much appreciated!

Bottling-

As the above article suggests, testing for PH with testing strips is the most important thing. Get them here www.sunstoneherbals.com or check ebay. If you're PH is under 4 you don't have to worry about botulism.
An easy and quick way to bottle hot sauce at home is to get a 1 gallon plastic jug with a screw on pump top. Then fill the woozy bottles, screw the caps on and turn them upside down in the case to create the hermatic seal. Shrink bands can be applied with a hair dryer. We have all of this stuff at our facility and while I have no real urge to go into the "hot sauce making kit" business, I could probably put some stuff together and ship it to you pretty easily. I don't think you want to order 5,000 shrink bands at a time. Email me if you're interested at lee@dannycash.com.
Good luck.

Back