• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Little white bugs?

I noticed a 2 or 3 little white bugs in the soil of my indoor baby nagas today? Squished the 2 I found. They are not on the leaves/stem as far as I can tell, and seem to run out of the soil and cups when I put them under light? I know the description is horrible, and they are too small to photograph. But small, white, no wings, and they seem to move pretty fast. Should I worry about these little guys? I did notice a little black winged fly in the soil today as well. He seemed to try to crawl down into the soil when I tried to give him the squish? Related? Anything to look out for from these guys? All my plants are indoors, but have open windows nearby. Just wondering if all little bugs are bad? Will peroxide and water kill them?

i do not know what they are or anything about them but i do blame them for most of my plant deaths. they are EVERYWHERE outside in the soil but inside they are few. it is inside when they become alot i one pot that the plant will start to die. my assumption is they are feeding on the roots.

i am also hoping to get answers for them... and sorry i dont have a pic either.

If you're only seeing them in the soil and not on the plant, google springtails and look at the pictures.

Pam said:
If you're only seeing them in the soil and not on the plant, google springtails and look at the pictures.

thanks from me Pam. those are the exact thing i have had problems with. and from what i read there are over 6000 types and some are benificial. always good to know what you are dealing with.

Back