• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Caterpillars <3 Tomato leaves

The little bastards aren't doing much more than cosmetic damage at the moment, my monstrous plant has plenty of leaves to share. But the little guys don't leave after they finish eating, instead they grab another leaf and roll it up into a nice little silk-lined tube and get all comfortable to sleep off that big meal. Thats when i chop its ass i half with my trusty garden shears :P

The first one i ever found here had done that with my lemon balm plant. I didn't at first associate the rolled leaf shape with something probably living inside it so it scared the crap out of me when i grabbed the leaf and something popped out.

Right now they don't seem to be causing too much damage, just a few leaves here and there and they're leaving the peppers alone, so so far I haven't sprayed anything. Pretty much the only bug thats giving me any problems at the moment is mosquitoes. I swear you could practically swim in them they're so thick down here.

Txclosetgrower said:
The little bastards aren't doing much more than cosmetic damage at the moment, my monstrous plant has plenty of leaves to share. But the little guys don't leave after they finish eating, instead they grab another leaf and roll it up into a nice little silk-lined tube and get all comfortable to sleep off that big meal. Thats when i chop its ass i half with my trusty garden shears :lol:

The first one i ever found here had done that with my lemon balm plant. I didn't at first associate the rolled leaf shape with something probably living inside it so it scared the crap out of me when i grabbed the leaf and something popped out.

Right now they don't seem to be causing too much damage, just a few leaves here and there and they're leaving the peppers alone, so so far I haven't sprayed anything. Pretty much the only bug thats giving me any problems at the moment is mosquitoes. I swear you could practically swim in them they're so thick down here.

Leave them alone they will become butterflies.
Of course if they touch the peppers KILL KILL KILL :P

Back