• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cafe pepper??

last year i got some a large mixed package of seeds
they where all labeled individually

one was called "CAFE" i was curious about this one so i looked it up and could not find a single thing on it?? :shocked: :confused: :?: im growing it this year and the plants look like they might either be a Baccatum or a Chinense from the look of the leaves anyway, the plants are still too young and have no fruit yet so the Jury is still out on this one

if anyone knows anything about it please reply or PM me :pray:

thanks your friend Joe

Hi Ajijoe,

I'm growing something called Pimenta Cafe this year. It came from Brazil and it is definately Chinense.
I have also been trying to find out info on this one but nothing yet.
Iv'e only got one Chilli on it, but is just ripening up now. Maybe when you get some fruit we can compare :cool:

Micca

Hi Ajijoe,

I'm growing something called Pimenta Cafe this year. It came from Brazil and it is definately Chinense.
I have also been trying to find out info on this one but nothing yet.
Iv'e only got one Chilli on it, but is just ripening up now. Maybe when you get some fruit we can compare :cool:

Micca

could you post pics later would love to see what they look like

thanks again your friend joe

Here are a couple of piccies of what I have been growing.

Pimenta Cafe Plant

Maturing

Ripe

Unfortunately it was a pretty crappy season for me so the plant wasn't too healthy. Given the right conditions I think the Pod would have grown a bit bigger than that.
I will pick the Pod today and taste test for the first time.

Micca

Between the two of you what did you come up with on this pepper? I have seed of this variety but can not find anything either.

Howdy Podpiper. I find it a bit hard sometimes identifying varieties but it is multi noding so definately has Chinense in it but not too sure if it might have something else?
The pepper originates from Brazil and grows upright small fruit. I cant remember the flavour/heat but i have got mine fruiting at the moment so will find out later.
Good luck with yours.

Micca

mine looked different than the one pictured, mine where flatter and a little pointed, but very close to these

thanks your friend Joe

Hi,

Unfortunately I have no more updates on this one.
My plant did not fruit last season and unfortunately has just died :cry:

It definately had multi fruit per node but not too sure if it is a Chinense cross?

Micca

hi Micca

thx for this update
sadly your plant died :cry:

you still have seeds of it?
if so will you grow it next year?

i think its a very beautiful chinense (if its chinense at all) with a cool pod shape - genetics that must be saved for the future ;)

greetz

Hi Chilinferno,

I came across 2 open pollenated seeds the other day when cleaning up.
I'm not too sure if I have any original seed but will have a look. I will be looking to carry this one on next season if I have viable seed.
I find alot of the Brazillian Peppers to be unusual, I really like them but they are hard to get hold of.

Regards,
Micca

Back