26 replies to this topic

#1 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Anyone have a recommendation for a website that allows you to buy a single bottle of hot sauce w/o the S/H being practically the same price you're paying for the bottle itself?

Also, I don't know what it is. I like having the old fashioned paper catalog at home. I have only found a couple hot sauce ones available. Any suggestions? Thanks to everyone!
www.hotsaucehoncho.com. Giving you quality video/written reviews since, well, like 5 weeks ago.

#2 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

-

Edited by JenB, 06 May 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#3 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Cool. Thanks everyone. I can see why ihome has free S/H, they're prices are ridiculous! I am trying all the suggestions above now. I just can't bring myself to pay over $5.00 to ship a bottle. Nice to know I'm not the only one
www.hotsaucehoncho.com. Giving you quality video/written reviews since, well, like 5 weeks ago.

#4 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

-

#5 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, I am thinking about buying this one called Volcano Dust on Amazon. But again, the shipping. I just came across this site: http://www.hotsaucedepot.com. They actually allow you to see the S/H price BEFORE you have to register for their site. That's something most places don't do. They had a very very nice selection and they offered $7.00 S/H for 2 bottles of hot sauce. Their prices were pretty good too. Think I may order a few things from them.

#6 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

-

#7 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

OH! I forgot to look at that one! Looking now. Thanks.

#8 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

Wow, yeah. That looks like the exact same sight. Just with different colors and a different URL. Weird

#9 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:43 PM

-

#10 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 21,157 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x2)

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

It appears you can buy sauce that includes shipping for $4.99 and $5.99 from http://www.sunponyinc.com (as someone pointed out here). They won several awards in THPA so I would recommend them. The shopping cart is very awkward though.

when I have a Butt in hand its tough not wanting to smoke it

THE HOT PEPPER AWARDS 2014 now accepting entries!
==
OHH YEAHHH!

#11 Born2Burn

Born2Burn

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

Anyone have a recommendation for a website that allows you to buy a single bottle of hot sauce w/o the S/H being practically the same price you're paying for the bottle itself?

http://www.peppers.com/cube/ is another good one. If you put a big package together over $75, the shipping is free.
Just put in my third massive order today :onfire:

Not sure about catalogs haven't seen one in a long time, apart from pepper Joe's but thats not sauce ;)

-Peter

#12 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Yes, they are the same company, I can log into both with the same password and both show the same two orders that I placed in the past. Here's a 10% off coupon code I found for hot sauce depot TJ0910 I tried it and it gave me about 70 cents off one bottle

Very cool! Thanks for the code!

#13 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

It appears you can buy sauce that includes shipping for $4.99 and $5.99 from http://www.sunponyinc.com (as someone pointed out here). They won several awards in THPA so I would recommend them. The shopping cart is very awkward though.

Wow, yeah. This cart is very interesting. Am I doing it wrong or does it just scroll through all their items and you have to time it right to click 'ADD TO CART?' It's like a carnival shooting gallery

Edited by Blackseed, 17 April 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#14 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

:cool:

Peppers.com is another good one. If you put a big package together over $75, the shipping is free.
Just put in my third massive order today :onfire:

Not sure about catalogs haven't seen one in a long time, apart from pepper Joe's but thats not sauce ;)

-Peter

Yeah, I saw that one. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to throw down $75 on hot sauce. Oh, if only I could... *drool* *drool*...

#15 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Here is a nice catalog I have recieved in the past. http://www.mohotta.com/catalog_request

#16 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

-

Edited by JenB, 06 May 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#17 Justaguy

Justaguy

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,477 posts
  • aka:JAG and Knepper's Peppers

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Maybe you could pick one seller that has several things you want to make the shipping worth it.

+1

I do this regardless of what I am getting online.
www.KneppersPeppers.com Hot Sauce
Taste the Flavor, Feel the Heat

#18 Nicole

Nicole

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Shipping is a killer! For us 1-3 bottles = $5 for shipping because we use flat rate boxes and can fit up to three in there. So, its a better deal to get three at a time! Not sure how others do it, but it seems to work for us !

Nicole
Heartbreaking Dawns Spicy Gourmet-heatin' up the world since 2008!
www.heartbreakingdawns.com/

#19 mmcdermott1

mmcdermott1

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

Shipping is a killer! For us 1-3 bottles = $5 for shipping because we use flat rate boxes and can fit up to three in there. So, its a better deal to get three at a time! Not sure how others do it, but it seems to work for us !

Nicole

yea we just got 3 more bottles of your 1498....they were really good..umm..no..i mean all the bottles were broken in the box so I think you should just send us 3 more free ones..yea that will work :)

Edit: This is just a joke, bottles were not actually broken :)

BuckeyePepper.com , Family Owned and Family Grown.

#20 Nicole

Nicole

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

:dance:

yea we just got 3 more bottles of your 1498....they were really good..umm..no..i mean all the bottles were broken in the box so I think you should just send us 3 more free ones..yea that will work :)

Edit: This is just a joke, bottles were not actually broken :)

HaHa! Nice try :o) :dance: :onfire: :dance: :onfire:
Heartbreaking Dawns Spicy Gourmet-heatin' up the world since 2008!
www.heartbreakingdawns.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users