•  

The 9th Annual Hot Pepper Awards Winners Announced!

Photo

Cheap S/H for hot sauce anywhere?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Anyone have a recommendation for a website that allows you to buy a single bottle of hot sauce w/o the S/H being practically the same price you're paying for the bottle itself?

Also, I don't know what it is. I like having the old fashioned paper catalog at home. I have only found a couple hot sauce ones available. Any suggestions? Thanks to everyone!
www.hotsaucehoncho.com. Giving you quality video/written reviews since, well, like 5 weeks ago.

#1A Hot Chili Man

Hot Chili Man

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted Today

#2 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

-

Edited by JenB, 06 May 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#3 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Cool. Thanks everyone. I can see why ihome has free S/H, they're prices are ridiculous! I am trying all the suggestions above now. I just can't bring myself to pay over $5.00 to ship a bottle. Nice to know I'm not the only one
www.hotsaucehoncho.com. Giving you quality video/written reviews since, well, like 5 weeks ago.

#4 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

-

#5 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, I am thinking about buying this one called Volcano Dust on Amazon. But again, the shipping. I just came across this site: http://www.hotsaucedepot.com. They actually allow you to see the S/H price BEFORE you have to register for their site. That's something most places don't do. They had a very very nice selection and they offered $7.00 S/H for 2 bottles of hot sauce. Their prices were pretty good too. Think I may order a few things from them.

#6 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

-

#7 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

OH! I forgot to look at that one! Looking now. Thanks.

#8 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

Wow, yeah. That looks like the exact same sight. Just with different colors and a different URL. Weird

#9 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:43 PM

-

#10 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 30,112 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x2)

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

It appears you can buy sauce that includes shipping for $4.99 and $5.99 from http://www.sunponyinc.com (as someone pointed out here). They won several awards in THPA so I would recommend them. The shopping cart is very awkward though.

NOT having Dick's right now is really grinding my gears.

If you have never tried it "dry" you should. It will be interesting to see how you like it better.

#11 Born2Burn

Born2Burn

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

Anyone have a recommendation for a website that allows you to buy a single bottle of hot sauce w/o the S/H being practically the same price you're paying for the bottle itself?

http://www.peppers.com/cube/ is another good one. If you put a big package together over $75, the shipping is free.
Just put in my third massive order today :onfire:

Not sure about catalogs haven't seen one in a long time, apart from pepper Joe's but thats not sauce ;)

-Peter

#12 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Yes, they are the same company, I can log into both with the same password and both show the same two orders that I placed in the past. Here's a 10% off coupon code I found for hot sauce depot TJ0910 I tried it and it gave me about 70 cents off one bottle

Very cool! Thanks for the code!

#13 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

It appears you can buy sauce that includes shipping for $4.99 and $5.99 from http://www.sunponyinc.com (as someone pointed out here). They won several awards in THPA so I would recommend them. The shopping cart is very awkward though.

Wow, yeah. This cart is very interesting. Am I doing it wrong or does it just scroll through all their items and you have to time it right to click 'ADD TO CART?' It's like a carnival shooting gallery

Edited by Blackseed, 17 April 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#14 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

:cool:

Peppers.com is another good one. If you put a big package together over $75, the shipping is free.
Just put in my third massive order today :onfire:

Not sure about catalogs haven't seen one in a long time, apart from pepper Joe's but thats not sauce ;)

-Peter

Yeah, I saw that one. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to throw down $75 on hot sauce. Oh, if only I could... *drool* *drool*...

#15 Blackseed

Blackseed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Here is a nice catalog I have recieved in the past. http://www.mohotta.com/catalog_request

#16 JenB

JenB

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

-

Edited by JenB, 06 May 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#17 Justaguy

Justaguy

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,602 posts
  • aka:JAG and Knepper's Peppers

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Maybe you could pick one seller that has several things you want to make the shipping worth it.

+1

I do this regardless of what I am getting online.
www.KneppersPeppers.com Hot Sauce
Taste the Flavor, Feel the Heat

#18 Nicole

Nicole

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Shipping is a killer! For us 1-3 bottles = $5 for shipping because we use flat rate boxes and can fit up to three in there. So, its a better deal to get three at a time! Not sure how others do it, but it seems to work for us !

Nicole
Heartbreaking Dawns Spicy Gourmet-heatin' up the world since 2008!
www.heartbreakingdawns.com/

#19 mmcdermott1

mmcdermott1

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

Shipping is a killer! For us 1-3 bottles = $5 for shipping because we use flat rate boxes and can fit up to three in there. So, its a better deal to get three at a time! Not sure how others do it, but it seems to work for us !

Nicole

yea we just got 3 more bottles of your 1498....they were really good..umm..no..i mean all the bottles were broken in the box so I think you should just send us 3 more free ones..yea that will work :)

Edit: This is just a joke, bottles were not actually broken :)

BuckeyePepper.com , Family Owned and Family Grown.

#20 Nicole

Nicole

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

:dance:

yea we just got 3 more bottles of your 1498....they were really good..umm..no..i mean all the bottles were broken in the box so I think you should just send us 3 more free ones..yea that will work :)

Edit: This is just a joke, bottles were not actually broken :)

HaHa! Nice try :o) :dance: :onfire: :dance: :onfire:
Heartbreaking Dawns Spicy Gourmet-heatin' up the world since 2008!
www.heartbreakingdawns.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users