• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Nailingtoheaven Grow Log 2011

Here is the start of a more than likely a rarely updated grow log of my attempt to grow a bunch of peppers. I don’t know really anything about growing peppers (having never grown more than a ancho plant) and get fairly busy with other projects, so at times the plants get neglected. I started seeds back in the start of February and have continued to plant more and more seeds but finally have stopped myself.

The nights are still cold (was 22 last night) here so I am waiting for a while longer to even leave them in my hoop house at night. They are growing in a room in my basement under a 400 watt HID light. I have good air circulation and flow in the grow room but am slowly running out of room as the plants grow. Hopefully soon the night temps will stabilize a bit more and I’ll get them in the hoop house.

The hoop house is 11X20 and will be the main home for my pepper plants. I will have a couple rows of peppers running down the sides with the middle left open for container plants. I’m planning on adding some shade cloth this summer to cool it during the days and maybe even a ghetto misting system. I’m also going to set up an auto watering system. I have to try and make the whole setup as little work as possible because I will more than likely be getting shoulder surgery at the start of summer. I'm going to have to have my girlfriend and some other people help me out at times. Should be interesting...

Some plants experienced some issues but these seem to be clearing up by adding CalMag to the water. So hopefully the leaves will continue to smooth out and growth will speed up a bit. There is 150+ plants right now and some will be going to friends so that they can have some fun too.

Here are the strains I currently have growing:
-Naga Morich
-Bih Jolokia
-Bhut Jolokia Carbon
-Chocolate Bhut
-Trinidad Red Origanal Scorpion
-Trinidad Yellow Scorpion
-Trinidad Morouga Scorpion
-Trinidad ButchT Scorpion
-Trinidad Yellow 7 Pot/Pod
-Trinidad Yellow 7 Pot/Pod
-Trinidad Red 7 Pot/Pod
-Trinidad Red Jonah 7 Pot/Pod
-Trinidad Red CARDI SR 7 Pot/Pod
-Trinidad Barrackpore 7 Pot/Pod
-Douglah Alphanerdz 7 Pot/Pod
-Douglah Brown 7 Pod
-Red Savina Habanero
-Red Habanero
-Malaysian Goronong
-Jamaican Chocolate Habanero
-Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet
-Jamaican Hot Chocolate
-Jamaican Red Mushroom
-Jamaican Yellow Mushroom
-Roatan Pumpkin Habanero
-White bullet Habanero
-Aji Chombo
-Bonda ma Jacques
-Cheiro do norte
-Cheiro Goias
-Yellow Fatalli
-Chilcostle
-Pulla
-Guajillo
-Passiila
-Chilhaucle Amarillo
-Chilhaucle Rojo
-Chilhaucle Negro

Here are a few pictures of some plants and what they are. Lots more plants but they will appear in later pics... hopefully!

Red Mushroom
RedMushroom.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod
Yellow7.jpg

Morouga Scorpion
MorougaScorp.jpg

Naga Morich
Morich.jpg

Goronong
Goronong.jpg

Cherio Goias
Goias.jpg

Douglah
Douglah.jpg

ButchT
ButchT.jpg

Bhut Jolokia Carbon
BhutCarbon.jpg

Aji Chombo
AjiChombo.jpg

NTH,

Nice list of peppers and plant pics.

The cold nights are ridiculous aren't they? Our low's have been in the 30's. We finally moved a majority of our peppers to our hoop house and placed a few heaters in it. Like you, we just didn't know when to say when with planting pepper seeds, and our basement was becoming a pepper jungle.

Hope your growing season goes well for you, and you recover quickly from your surgery.

Very nice list NTH! The pics look awesome also. How close to Culver are you? Childhood home and where the heart still is :( Hope the temps start to level out and you have a great grow season! :dance:

Thanks everyone!

Culver, OR is a few hours north of where I am located at. We still have had some snow flurries in the past few days and more are expected.

I am glad that someone else loves the Cheiro, it is my favorite plant so far. I have 5 others and one will be my special porch plant since it can tolerate lower temps according to Neil.

I'll try and get some more photos today if I get some extra time. I have been really busy with school and am now hand tilling the garden instead of renting a tiller. Figure I better get a bunch of exercise before my operation. I need to suffer anyways as they are doing mad construction outside my house because of some broken sewage line. The last week and a half a massive jack hammer on an excavator wakes me up at 6am because there is so much rock in the ground. Thank god homeowner had added tons of soil to make a garden area before. Oh well back to the joys of chosen manual labor...

Here is some pics of my plants from a few weeks ago. I am down to one arm right now and just have them on a drip system and spray them with Epsom salt water sometimes. I left for 15 days last month and they all did fine on the trip system. I had to get some shade cloth to cover pepper area in hoophouse as it gets too hot in there... but the nights are cool and will only get colder come next month.

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

Back