• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Need a BBQ Sauce Recipe - With Heat

sweatnspice

Banned
Hey guys - Looking for a BBQ Sauce recipe, with plenty of heat. Looking for something that includes fresh peppers rather then a capsacin extract type. Any help would be appreciated, going to be doing some experimenting soon...

Hmmm....might experiment with that, myself. Last thing I tried was taking Jack Daniels Honey BBQ sauce and adding chipolte pepper sauce to it. Didn't provide too much heat, but it did give it a bit of a kick.

If you get tired of trying, our Peppermaster Bite Me BBQ Special Reserve is 50% pure scotch bonnets and rocks.

It's the best hot barbecue sauce I've ever tasted, even if I do say so myself.

T.

Jack Daniels Sauce

The sauce is great by itself, but add some diced garlic and a variety of diced hot peppers and you will have a winner. I never actually made BBQ sauce from scratch, but need to try it. Good luck...

To make BBQ sauce from scratch ( it's easy):

Start with some vegtable oil in a sauce pan. Medium heat.
Add about a half a chopped onion.
Add 3 cloves chopped garlic. ( don't burn it...wait a minute or 2...until onion starts to turn translucent)
Salt and pepper.
Saute.
Add habanero and cayanne ( maybe chipotle ) powder to taste. Stir into hot oil. onions etc.

( optional) To make it more exotic add some ginger, cloves or cinnamon....what ever you like

After about 4 minutes add one small can of tomato sauce.
Add about 4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
( sometimes I add molases and or honey too)
Add about a cup of apple cider vinegar.
Stir well.

keep tasting and you can adjust amounts as needed.

If it's too thin for your taste keep simmering it...it will reduce.

To tweak the flavor add some of whatever crazy hotsauces you have on hand.

That should do it.

If you want to add fresh chilis chop them fine and add during the saute phase.

Thanks Chuk - I'll have to try that recipe out.

Wango Tango - I've had that one a lot - it's always better at Dinosaur BBQ then from the bottle though.

Back