Hello from Sunny SD

Hello everyone! Hot peppers huh?

I moved to San Diego in 1998 and have been in southern CA ever since. The day I bought a house I discovered gardening, and being a single guy, I like only to plant things that make food- hence citrus and peppers. Not so lucky with the citrus but the peppers are doing great!

A few years ago I was all about the caribbean red habanero and various scotch bonnet's till I realized that they are really not edible....after eating lots of them. I've always liked the other hot peppers so now I just stick with a few plants every year- Super Cayenne II, Cayenne, Piquin's, Thai varieties, and jalapenos for eggs in the morning.

Going to do some reading and posting here...

Thanks for having me.

The Mullet welcomes you from the also sunny Hollywood, CA!

As for not edible....Red Hot's and Scotch Bonnet's are awesome fresh off the vine into the mouth...you just need to work on that tollerance :lol:

gday and welcome from the Great Land DownUnder LG

I agree with IGG about the 'edibileness' of the hotter pods though I don't often eat them straight off the plant sans other food - I think I speak for a number of THPers when I say we're a little worried about him!

Welcome from South Carolina, where the tomatoes are starting to come in, and the peppers aren't far behind!

chilliman64 said:
I agree with IGG about the 'edibileness' of the hotter pods though I don't often eat them straight off the plant sans other food - I think I speak for a number of THPers when I say we're a little worried about him!

Oh, so true, so true, and for so many reasons.

Ahhh, San Diego!!! Now it makes since..Earlier today I was thinkin South Dakota. Duh..Just proves that I need at least 2 cups of java before hitting the puter.

Welcome from sunny orange county! I used to live in point loma, so extra welcome! Im doing nagas and a crazy mini habanero i discovered this year.

imaguitargod said:
As for not edible....Red Hot's and Scotch Bonnet's are awesome fresh off the vine into the mouth...you just need to work on that tollerance ;)

Its not the entry tolerance that is a problem. Its the exit tolerance that I cant seem to build up! :P :shocked:
lol

Slinter said:
Its not the entry tolerance that is a problem. Its the exit tolerance that I cant seem to build up! :P :shocked:
lol
Ya, after punishing that end for so many years now, I still haven't gotten used to that burn.

Back