• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

First Buffalo Wild Wings experience

Is it just me or should the "hottest" thing on the menu actually be HOT. I had sevral wings with this sauce on them and it didnt really effect anything. Not even the slightest sniffle.. Anyone else eaten these? They are having a 12 "blazin" wings in 6 minutes contest on friday.. wondering if It's worth it.. I guess my tolerance has just shaped up over time..?

What are the hottest wings you've experienced in a restaurant?

For me it's "Braveheart" at Wild Wing Cafe.

I was overwhelmed by salt and vinegar on their hottest wings. Terrible. The mango hab wings were very good but not that hot.

Quaker Steak and Lube had some pretty hot wings. They actually make you sign a waver which seemed like a joke to me since they sent it to me AFTER I at the wings. Blazin wings have a good taste to them. They tend to make me sniffle after 10 or so. Hooters 911 is not hot at all but also has good flavor.

the blazin sauce is only habanero, cayenne, and jalapeno(and mostly cayenne I think). The challenge is basically just a speed eating contest and that is about all.

there is a resturaunt down the street owned by some friends of mine.i've been bringing him peppers for his Danger sauce for almost 8 years now. last year was epic. it was his recipe with my scorpions , red 7pods , a few savannah 7s , chocolate bhuts , yellow 7pod , red savina hab and naga morich. plus a few spoons of cajohns king cobra for a little extract punch! so many of the killer wings taste like monkey crap but this one you don't want to stop eating even though it hurts so bad. this year add brainstrains , 7pod browns , douglahs , barrackpores , yellow bhut and butch t to the party. it's gonna be fire! i agree with yo on the blazin wings. they suck. to vinegary and not hot. same with beef obrady's nuclear challenge. childsplay!

Buffalo wild wings blazin wings are a joke to anybody on this forum. As with most of you, I bet you can not realistically describe hot to most people. What has zero heat to us will put half the population in tears. Quaker steak and lube is another story. The atomic are pretty hot and now they have a triple atomic (have not tried it yet, I think its that pure cap sauce).

I don't expect anything from national chains. That's why I don't eat at them. Actually I would expect everything not to be hot.

Went to a wing joint here with a few other THP member to take on their challenge. Unfortunately they were NASTY! The heat was from extract, and made for a very metallic tasting wing sauce that was way too thick and caused me some major discomfort afterwords. There was even some gagging going on at the table because they tasted gross. I will never knowingly eat extract again, not when I can get all the heat I could want from natural peppers.

Except for quaker steak, most chains are a joke. There is a small chain in akron called scorchers and the nuclear wings are amazingly hot.
Yeah, I said national, because some regionals are good. Once you go national that's it.

National chains UGH! In 99 I was living in a cleveland suburb and one of the neighbors worked for nestle stouffers in solon oh. I asker her what they did there and she said "when you go to tgif, applebees, chiles etc, most of the food is frozen and just nuked and brought out to your table" In other words, 12 dollar TV dinners. I do not go to national chains either for this very reason. And, if I may slam one chain big time: Max and Erma's overpriced and bad

After seeing some dude on youtube eating hot wings the after picture put me off, his face was uber swollen and throbbed for days.

After seeing some dude on youtube eating hot wings the after picture put me off, his face was uber swollen and throbbed for days.

Extracts i suspect. I did a wing contest with Stillmanz sauces in Brissy all natural. Didnt win but come third, had a spewer and two drop outs if i remember correct. Didn't even burn the bunghole the next day. Extracts are Satans way of saying he hates you and wants you to die, natural is gods wau of saying hey look here is some nice pie!

I agree. Extracts are horrible. A few yrs ago a pepperhead friend and I went to this place in Akron called crawdaddies and asked the waitress, if they can make it extremely hot. She sadi we can make it as hot as you want and we said go for it. The &^&$%@^%$#$@*& back in the kitchen just took the jambalaya and poured about 2 ounces of an extract sauce into it. I said to my friend, this tastes like Daves insanity sauce. We called the waitress back and asked and she said yes. Needless to say, we never went back. Then again, there is thai place (thai gourmet in stow oh) that if you give the waitress the proper speech (double thai hot please) they will bring you out a repectably hot dish with either habaneros or thai peppers.

Never experienced the extracts but I've heard they're nasty..

Naga, What rest in SAV are you talking about? I used to date a couple girls there, I sort of know my way around.. I'd love to try those bad boys!

I hate to be a spoiled sport but not everyone on this forum thinks BWW's "blazin" wings ain't hot. It would be pretty amazing to me to see someone sit down and eat a dozen of them in 10 or 15 minutes and not even produce a drop of sweat. Yeah, hell I'd pay for the wings to watch that on a video.

Back