• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tonyscoots 2011 Hot Pepper Log

Hello everyone just wanted to say hello and show you guys my collection. Im fairly new at this. I started growing vegetables and peppers after i got hurt from work. (gives me something to do while i recover)

i grow all my seeds in the wet paper towel and ziplock bag method then transplant them into a pellet

I have a few seeds waiting to pop

- yellow hungarian wax
- scotch bonnet pepper
- Bhut Jolokia (ghost pepper) taking forever :mouthonfire:
- serranno pepper

As you all can see i love hot peppers and am willing to try to grow other types of hot peppers...

at the moment im looking for
- trinidad scorpion
- and a few other hot ones

What i have growing

Biker bills pepper (in my aerogarden as well)
IMG_0270.jpg

long hot cayenne
IMG_0268.jpg

early jalapeno ( just started up a few days ago) (n my aerogarden as well)
IMG_0274.jpg

1photo-1.jpg

Red jalapeno
IMG_0269.jpg

Pepper Pinocchio (in my aerogarden as well)
IMG_0272.jpg

Pepper Giant Thai
IMG_0273.jpg

5/18/11
Thanks for looking everyone.

Hey mate welcome to thp! Your plants certainly look the goods :P

You wouldn't have any spare billy biker seeds would you? I have some Trinidad Scorpion seeds and a few others here if you wanted to trade.

1 out of 10 finally set out its stem from the bhut jolokia seeds that i germinated from pepperjoes hopefully a few more pop.. its been in there about 3 weeks. The hotter the pepper the longer it takes to germinate i guess.

i got a question for all the people who would know.... My sister has a bunny can i add its poop to the soil that my peppers are already planted.

"anyone got any info about the rabbit poop"

1. usually rabbits make round black ones
2. be careful if you are planting on a slope as they might roll downhill
3. scratch the surface of the ground a little before applying and water in
4. other furry little animals poop too
5. do not put poo poo in your desktop hydroponic unit it may cause nasty smells

edited for hydro comment

nitwit thanks for that i didnt no all that :stop: lol.... i should of said about adding the rabbit poop into my pepper pots. thanks... im still laughing from nitwits post...

hello everyone just a little update the other night a mysterious animal ate my pepper Pinocchio that was in the pot outside (lil bastard) anywhos i took the spare pinocchio out of my aerogarden which was getting big so i went for it and was hoping for the best i also switched out my biker bills pepper from the aerogarden which was big as well and transfered it outside both are showing that they are doing ok for the first day out. they where originally very droopy but recovered well for the 1st day.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

on 2nd note what the hell are these little critters on my spare bbp (should the be destroyed) and if i keep this plant in the house is it safe for everything else....

IMG_0349.jpg

thanks everyone

thanks wayright... im trying my best as this is my 1st time growing vegetables and specially my favorite peppers.

i have extremely hot pepper seeds coming from a friend i met on here. What a guy he is extremely nice and a great person. when i receive the package i will post what i got and his name if he doesnt mind.

I know im starting late with those seeds but im hoping i can get a few pods out of them and maybe save the plants and overwinter them for a jump start next year. Stay tuned more to come..

with the seeds coming im going to start them in the wet paper towel and jello shot cup with lid and then transfer them to the aerogarden to kick start there growth.

on 2nd note what the hell are these little critters on my spare bbp (should the be destroyed) and if i keep this plant in the house is it safe for everything else....

IMG_0349.jpg
Thought for a minute those might be immature stink bugs--but possibly not enough shield shape on the back body. Do you see any egg clusters on the underside of leaves?

Whatever they are, they are likely up to no good. Hit them with the Neem or Safers, pronto...also squish and destroy. I would quarantine the plant until they are obliterated.... :cool:

they look like baby grasshoppers i have no idea what they are. I was reading another thread on here from what i remember the same looking bugs dont remember where.

no i didnt see any egg clusters but i did see a crap load of baby ones

Back