• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GrowGearSpokane's Indoor/Outdoor grow log 2011

updated pics at bottom! 7/5/11

Hey all I have had a few plants going for a month or so and thought I would share some progress...my varieties are very basic but I am excited for the results, and excited to try some exotics next time. anyhow heres the pics
Early Jalapeno
100_3927.jpg

100_3928.jpg

Cayenne
100_3925.jpg

100_3926.jpg

Habanero(no peppers yet)
100_3924.jpg

Sweet Banana
100_3922.jpg

100_3923.jpg

Bell
100_3918.jpg

And my mystery pepper (posted it up and got a 100 diff possible types)
100_3809.jpg

And where they started (the ones that still fit are in here)
100_3807-1.jpg

I'm runnin 12 hours on 12 hours off for a light cycle to try and keep the ones in the tent small. I greatly appreciate any input to get better veggies and enjoy reading everyones grow logs. Happy Growing everyone!

You're either sand bagging for an upcoming flood or you've got a boatload of Roots Organics there. I've had great success with that stuff when mixed with Pro-Mix BX. It has a nice blend of organics.

That's a great looking grow tent and very happy plants and some great pods. When did you start those puppies and what kind of lights are those? You going into final containers soon or into Roots/the earth?

Looking forward to the outdoor phase.... :cool:

Hi GrowgearSpokane!

Your plants are looking great. If you get over to the Methow Valley sometime, I have some hotties and other interesting chiles I'll share with you.

SL

Going off! :onfire:

Looks like everything is doing great!
Thanks Im very happy with the results so far

You're either sand bagging for an upcoming flood or you've got a boatload of Roots Organics there. I've had great success with that stuff when mixed with Pro-Mix BX. It has a nice blend of organics.

That's a great looking grow tent and very happy plants and some great pods. When did you start those puppies and what kind of lights are those? You going into final containers soon or into Roots/the earth?

Looking forward to the outdoor phase.... :cool:
LOL no flooding I work at a Garden store so I have a lot of goodies at my disposal.
I really like the roots organics myself too. I have these plants in Sunshine #4 Advanced mix trying it out.
I have 2 Sol Lighting 4 ft. 4 bulb t5s in the tent for a total of 860 watts :)
I started the seeds 2 months ago and for the first month or so they got Advanced Nutrients A & B with sensizym and voodoo, but for the last month or so they have got strictly Reverse Osmosis filtered water PH'd at 6.2.
The Mystery pepper was actually started in december and has been putting out a half dozen or so ripe peppers a week.
Here in the next few weeks i will be transplanting all the ones that don't fit in the tent into 25 gallon Smart Pots (fabric) and putting them outside.

Hi GrowgearSpokane!

Your plants are looking great. If you get over to the Methow Valley sometime, I have some hotties and other interesting chiles I'll share with you.

SL
Thanks S.L. I will definetly make it a point to pass through this summer I could trade some indoor garden gear or nutrients or anything for some exotics :). Also your hot sauces look amazing I need to remember my paypal account so I can order some. I am drying out some of my mystery peppers to make a rub or steak seasoning any tips?

They look really good, and I bet they taste good too!!
Only been able to taste the ? peppers so far but yes they are awesome! And hot hot hot!

Thanks for the info. Nice to see what the players in the big leagues are doing. Simply amazing what you can do with some applied technology...and voodoo!

Here is an update on my garden everything is going to stay inside for now until my new seedlings pop and I can fill the tent with those. Anyhow heres the pics enjoy, and all comments critisism welcome :)

Here is the shop mascot Hank posing with the Cayenne peppers.
100_3950.jpg

Heres a close up not to much more growth but there is 10x the peppers now.
100_3943.jpg

Mystery Pepper still producing consistently(Dried some out and made a Spicy Steak Seasoning) :hell:
100_3940.jpg

Bell Peppers
100_3933.jpg

Close Up
100_3938-1.jpg

Banana Pepper
100_3929.jpg

Close up
100_3930.jpg

Early Jalapeno
100_3952.jpg

Close Up
100_3956.jpg

my Habs still don't have any pods I only have 1 of them is that my problem? Or do I need to pollinate them myself?

Looking good! It's nice to see some actual produce in a grow shop. :cool: The one by me always has crappy looking plants with nothing really on them.

7/5 UPDATE !!
I have moved a few things outside so far and they are doing well and my Grow tent stuff is really going good too heres some pics
early Jalapeno
100_4000.jpg

100_4001.jpg

Bells
100_3998.jpg

100_3997.jpg

100_3996.jpg

Banana Peppers already harvested the big ones mmmm
100_3986.jpg

100_3987.jpg

Maxed out my available pics whoops

A few things I have learned so far is that when I thinned out the tent and everything got a little more airflow they got a lot more pods than before. Also when I take them out of tent and place them by window with a little supplemental lighting they ripen faster and create more pods. I'm new to this and I am sure there is a reason for these things if you know feel free to enlighten me :mouthonfire:

Happy Growing everyone

Back