• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Captain Pepper chat log

From the chat room this afternoon. Time stamp is in PST.(-8GMT)

Captainpepper is referring to these posts that were removed
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/22035-from-profanity/
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/22036-from-profanity/

4:35 PM
captainpepper
i won't type an apology after the same guys that supposedly suspended me were the ones who actually were all over that post laughing about it on a different occasion
thedutchpantry
lol.. who suspended you
captainpepper
now all of a sudden they are against it while they were laughing at it on a different occassion
captainpepper
i got a message from millworkman before
Justaguy
has entered the room
thedutchpantry
well like you said before. hypocrits
thedutchpantry
hi just
captainpepper
he told me it was inappropriate while laughing his ass off not so long ago by that same post
captainpepper
[#1001] Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on 31 May 2011 - 07:24 PM.
captainpepper
this is what it says

4:40 PM
thedutchpantry
well he can think it's funny and still find it inappropriate
captainpepper
i dunno how i can still use the chat though
thedutchpantry
they probably just stopped you from posting for awhile
captainpepper
no he can't...that's hypocritical of him...it's not the first time i put that link on.
Justaguy
who CP?
Justaguy
Chico?
thedutchpantry
i dont know who suspended him but probably best just to stay away from a post like that lol. i thought it was very funny though
captainpepper
they don't want to upset AJ or something...suppression of freedom of speech for a BS word is nonsense.
Justaguy
which post????
Torno
has entered the room
Torno
afternoon
thedutchpantry
a video he put up. it was a funny video about the F word
thedutchpantry
hey Torno
captainpepper
Justaguy
oh

4:45 PM
Justaguy
ok I can see why due to the language
Justaguy
but it id funny
Justaguy
they just want to keep the language nice since kids get on here too
dragon49
has entered the room
Born2BurnShow
has entered the room
captainpepper
it's not due to the languge as it's not the first time someone put this one on here
captainpepper
it's an educational vid
Justaguy
i know but the word is said
captainpepper
there are worse things to worry about in this day and age
captainpepper
so what?
Justaguy
i agree but it is the site rules
captainpepper
fucking is natural
thedutchpantry
captain, it was a funny video but the owners of the site has rules
captainpepper
it's not the rules
captainpepper
it's not the first time either
captainpepper
they change the rules as they wish
captainpepper
that's what i have problems with
captainpepper
i don't appreciate censorship
thedutchpantry
have they allowed anyone else to post anything similar?
captainpepper
i did exactly that..and so did others
Justaguy
have to get going.
thedutchpantry
see ya just
Justaguy
CP us here in the US are still fighting censorship at time and have been for years
captainpepper
the guy that sent me the message actually was pro that vid before
Justaguy
have a good night
Justaguy
has left the room
thedutchpantry
i think you need to contact the person and have a chat with him and express your concerns
thedutchpantry
hey born and dragon

4:50 PM
dragon49
has left the room
captainpepper
blowing peoples heads off on tv is OK but this vid isn't
Born2BurnShow
Not sure who removed your post. But please contact whomever messaged you, and work it out.
thedutchpantry
yeah that would be the best thing captain.
captainpepper
hypocrite piece of shit
captainpepper
i'm banned
Torno
has left the room
Born2BurnShow
?
captainpepper
i don't even know who banned me
thedutchpantry
he said he was suspended born. i think from posting
captainpepper
i got a message from millworkman
captainpepper
who actually enjoyed that same post on a different thread
captainpepper
laughed his ass off
Born2BurnShow
Either way, it would be best if you contact thehotpepper or millworkman and ask why you were banned. Discussing in public isn't going to solve the problem.

4:55 PM
captainpepper
and now he's all goody two shoes all of a sudden
captainpepper
i know why i was banned
captainpepper
AJ was complaining about swear words on the forum and i demonstrated the fact that it all relies on context in an intelligent manner
captainpepper
what a bunch of BS

Not sure where you want to go with this guys?

Looks to me he is simply pissed off and will continue to spread negativity until he is removed.

-Peter

The reason he was suspended was going against a ruling by a moderator. I don't care if the post is the Care Bears, if a moderator tells you something, you don't post it again... and again... and again. You can bring it up to an admin. This is the suspension reason, NOT the context of that post. If he comes back and continues he will be banned.

I will email him this so he knows.

captainpepper,

You were not suspended because of the context of your post, you were suspended because you purposely went against a moderator action multiple times by posting the video over and over after two moderators talked to you. If you do not agree with a moderator action, you don't repeat the behavior over and over hoping for a different result, you discuss it with the moderator, and the moderator can discuss it with the other mods and admin. Also, you can bring it to an admin's attention directly.

This is not about censorship, or posting the video, this is about respecting a moderator's action, and if you come back and continue to ignore moderators you will be banned permanently. I do not want to see this happen, so please, next time, discuss it, and don't protest it by repeating it. This does not help anyone. I cannot run an orderly forum if the members ignore the mods.

Looking forward to your return.

Omri, you are right, he did it to piss off milly.

It is true, I laughed at the video. But I told him it was inappropriate for the thread that it was in. He was intentionally trying to start shit with people by posting it in that thread, so I removed it once, Omri a second time (I think). That video has been posted before but there was a warning in the thread title letting people know that it was an adult oriented thread.

Oh, and it takes a whole heap to piss of Milly. :lol: :lol:

And a third time, removed by me. That was the last straw. Hopefully he'll return and behave.

Thanks B2B.
And milly, good points on why it was not proper there.

As for the chat, the system stores those logs. no need to worry about losing a line or two.
As for CP, if he is just trying to make a point, don't think he'll stop. I do suggest we wait and see though. wouldn't want him to be banned just because of my opinion.

Dan, I'm always right. :lol:

Normally CP is ok so hopefully he doesnt come back and try to make a point..hopefully he lets it die and comes back to the great THP :)

We exchanged about 10 emails today. Censorship, hypocrisy, etc. I let him know this is a private forum and we can remove any posts we see fit for removal.

We basically ended with an "agree to disagree" situation on the post (he said we should have let AJ cringe at seeing the video, and not removed it), but agreed that next time he will not defy the mod by repeating the offence, and I told him if he has a problem with a mod to contact another mod or admin (it seemed he had a problem with millworkman here). I do not want members playing favorites but in the rare case a member has a problem with a mod, and contacts another mod or admin, we need to make sure we discuss the action so we are not overmodding the mod's decision, unless there has been a mistake. I stuck to the original moderation decision here, and told him it was inappropriate to post that when AJ said the very sight of the word made him cringe, but it was okay in his own topic (it is still there).

He also said he will be less confrontational, which shows he knows he was being confrontational by posting that in AJ's topic.

That's the best resolution this will have, trust me. He is a stubborn one!

Suspension lifted.

Good work Boss.

I wonder what I did besides removing that post that made him have a problem with me?
He said it was hypocrisy since you laughed at it in another topic and said my actions were hypocritical since I agreed with the decision. I told him you still thought it was funny, just not in that topic, and I agreed, but I could not really get through to him on that.

Back